No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: INCEPTION - Nolan's masterpiece!

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
    Cillian's subconscious created the train as well as the guys with guns. It was his mind's defenses resisting the inception, as clearly stated in the film.
    Why does Ariadne chastise Cobb for the train showing up? She's clearly blaming his subconscious by her tone. And this was her big problem with him, his lack of control. His subconscious also interfered with the first job with Saito. Mal, showing up.

Also, the van's kick was synced with the end of the flight. They had a finite time to compete the mission.

In regards to going multiple levels, which Natacha brought up, it was necessary for inception, to imbed an original thought.

Comment

Cillian's subconscious created the train as well as the guys with guns. It was his mind's defenses resisting the inception, as clearly stated in the film.
      I'm beginning to think you just weren't paying attention, which would definitely explain your confusion. It was pretty clearly stated that Cobb caused the train. Fisher caused the guys with guns.
      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
        I'm beginning to think you just weren't paying attention, which would definitely explain your confusion. It was pretty clearly stated that Cobb caused the train. Fisher caused the guys with guns.
        Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of something different.

Originally posted by gravitas View Post
        Also, the van's kick was synced with the end of the flight. They had a finite time to compete the mission.
        What's the worst that could happen if they went over the 10 hours? Watanabe owned the entire airline. Surely they could have just held the plane on the ground for a little while until everyone woke up.

Comment

imho, cobb's subconscious manifested the train. it was one of the first clues that cobb was bleeding into other dream-realities. at that point, ariadne realized he wasn't able to carry the position of the architect even though he was technically qualified. she freaked out over the bleed and confronted him; told him he had to be honest with the others for their safety. there was also a scene from a previous time that played later when cobb and his wife both laid their heads on the railroad tracks.

oops - just saw emily got this one while i'm still typing.
          life happens
          despite a few cracked pots-
          and random sunlight

Comment

Ah finally, an opinion close to mine....

Originally posted by scripto80 View Post
            ....at times when the suspense was on overkill found myself saying "Come on already." [snip]
            Originally posted by Donreel View Post
            [snip]
            I do remember feeling: I wish that goddamn van would hit the water already, so they'll all wake up and I can find out what's really going to happen.
            For me, I'd actually call it impatience rather than suspense.

Originally posted by scripto80 View Post
            [snip]
            ETA: One disappointment though? I really thought that at the end he'd wind up "dying" while in deep and then wake up to find his wife, who was right all along about their "living world" not being real when she jumped off the ledge, waiting for him in the ACTUAL real world. That never happened though. I think had it, I would have liked the ending more.
            Originally posted by Donreel View Post
            [snip]
            A better movie, one with a pulse, that actually made a human connection, would be a little less tricky while leading the audience through a similar story. Except in this better story, the protag starts off believing one thing about reality and about his "lost" wife/kids, and ultimately journeys back to the "true" reality in which they're all reunited.....

Comment

Saw it. Liked it. Wasn't blown away by it. Too much sorta-Kubrick glacial chill for my taste (although I liked the characters, I never really connected with them). Agree with the observation that there really didn't seem to be any real stakes at risk... my biggest problem being that why didn't DiCaprio's character just have his kids shipped over to grandpa? And the really sad old age make up.

But. Seriously, but... with the above, I'm nitpicking.

I really, really appreciate that Nolan put the effort into the piece. So I'm swinging over to the side that says that it seems counter-intuitive (at least for manque screenwriters) to piss all over someone trying to challenge their audience. And I'll have to say that I had absolutely no problem with that final shot. That was a nice touch... no matter what your headspace, it flows.

So... it's the only flick I've seen this year that makes me think that there's still some aspect of Hollywood that still has the balls to make real movies. So there. Neener. Coming from a Nolan hater.
              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                Hmmmmm.... so far I haven't missed any of the big details, but if you're right then I missed this one. I was under the impression Ariadne immediately blamed Cobb for the train, before we found out it was part of Fisher's defenses. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for me--Cobb has problems with his wife the whole movie, but this one time he happens to manifest a train that tries to kill himself?

Comment

Cobb caused the train. If I remember correctly he and Mal got back to the "real" world by being run over a train (there is a scene where they are lying on the train tracks waiting to be run over). So I figured that was where the train came from - that memory and moment.
                  826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmithteer View Post
                    Cobb caused the train. If I remember correctly he and Mal got back to the "real" world by being run over a train (there is a scene where they are lying on the train tracks waiting to be run over). So I figured that was where the train came from - that memory and moment.
                    yep, that's how i remember it. imho, the train crash scene and the slower romantic train tracks scene are placed in effect/cause order rather than cause/effect order (or payoff/setup instead of setup/payoff). i thought it was pretty cool the way that bit of business was handled in the film.
                    life happens
                    despite a few cracked pots-
                    and random sunlight

Comment

Well I loved inception. Even if there are things that I didnt enjoy as much as others on here - I think the fact that its trying to do things differently is just big fat A +.

But I tell you what I hated. I really really dispised. It was the kids in the back row. They constantly talked and made noise and behaved liked monkeys.

Now, when you watch Inception you need to concentrate, and its so irratating to have that to contend with.

So I moved to another part of the cinema and my new seat was infront of some guy whos saying stuff like, "look super slow motion, look at that effect, oh good shot, what does that mean?" Whilst he SNORED out of his nose.

Sometimes I hate going to a cinema in a bumpkin town. Mind you i suppose you get that anywhere.

Comment

Yes. Page was the architect, so she could have stayed behind and helped him fight off the bad guys by creating a giant impenetrable box for the van to hide in before she followed the rest of the team into the next level.
                        Wouldn't this have altered the world too much so that the projections then turn on the dreamer, therefore killing them and waking everyone up?

Comment

Originally posted by JibJib View Post
                          Well I loved inception. Even if there are things that I didnt enjoy as much as others on here - I think the fact that its trying to do things differently is just big fat A +.

But I tell you what I hated. I really really dispised. It was the kids in the back row. They constantly talked and made noise and behaved liked monkeys.

Now, when you watch Inception you need to concentrate, and its so irratating to have that to contend with.

So I moved to another part of the cinema and my new seat was infront of some guy whos saying stuff like, "look super slow motion, look at that effect, oh good shot, what does that mean?" Whilst he SNORED out of his nose.

Sometimes I hate going to a cinema in a bumpkin town. Mind you i suppose you get that anywhere.
                          Contact the theatre and ask for your money back.
                          Frustrated? Click here for help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Comment

Originally posted by JibJib View Post

Not here you don't. Gold Class cinemas - the *only* way to watch movies. You pay a bit extra in ticket price - but the benefits far outweigh the cost.

http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/WhatIsGoldClass

I'm still amazed America doesn't have them.
                            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I just skimmed through this thread (too long). I'm curious about this film, but from what I've read and heard, I think I'm going to be really disappointed.

Much like SHUTTER ISLAND.

Jeff Shurtleff
                              "Some men see things the way they are and say why? I see things that never were and say, why not?"

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...4669871&v=info

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                                Not here you don't. Gold Class cinemas - the *only* way to watch movies. You pay a bit extra in ticket price - but the benefits far outweigh the cost.

http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/WhatIsGoldClass

I'm still amazed America doesn't have them.
                                Terrance, we do! But it's way over in Pasadena when you're in LA.

http://goldclasscinemas.com/Locations.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X