SALT kicks ass (might be mild spoilers - though I tried not)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SALT kicks ass (might be mild spoilers - though I tried not)

Originally posted by Archduke View Post
    I think that's unfair to shitt on video games like that. If you look at alot of these big video games with Role Playing elements(Mass Effect, Dragon's Age, Oblivion, Fallout, etc.) you're going to definitely find way more intricate stories than any movie could possibly even have time to go into.
    Yep.

Not to forget that most of the big gaming companies now outsource Hollywood screenwriters to pen their games. John Milus just recently wrote the script for Homefront. Peter O'Brien wrote the script for Halo Reach. That thing grossed $200-million on its launch day.

Mass Effect 2 is just as good as any live action film of that genre. It's a very complex, epic tale, set within a rich universe - not unlike Star Wars or Battlestar. COD: Black Ops and Modern Warfare also have complex plots. And not to forget L.A. Noire coming out soon. All these games have deep, layered narratives.

A lot of vid games out there have more going for them than some of the biggest tentpoles.
    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Archduke View Post
      I think that's unfair to shitt on video games like that. If you look at alot of these big video games with Role Playing elements(Mass Effect, Dragon's Age, Oblivion, Fallout, etc.) you're going to definitely find way more intricate stories than any movie could possibly even have time to go into.
      I somewhat agree. Stories in games are getting better every year while stories in movies are being thrown to the wayside in favor of pretty pictures.

Personally, I find the story of Red Dead Redemption to be far better and infinitely more captivating than 90% of films in the past decade.

Comment

I swear I'm not beating a dead horse with this - I was arguing elsewhere and was using SALT as a *bad* example, a film that underperformed at the box office compared to similar films like BOURNE IDENTITY... except:

SALT - $293.5m
        BOURNE - $214.0m

Yikes! So I was completely wrong (in that other argument).

- Bill
        Free Script Tips:
        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

i'm guessing the SALT sequel won't start production until 2013 with a release date of 2014. hopefully, angelina will beef up and spend more time at mickey d's so it at least looks like she can take a punch.

Comment

I've seen SALT a couple of times... the one huge problem I have with it is the husband thread. I didn't feel the connection btwn them that should have been there.

They should have cast a different actor & had Angie spend more time with him. Would have made the movie tons better.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Working...
            X