No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ant-Man

never mind - I was wrong, and I admit it
    Last edited by scripto80; 06-21-2018, 08:07 PM. Reason: Shouldn't have used some of the words I did. Being nice!

Re: Ant-Man

Originally posted by scripto80 View Post
    From Edgar Wright, the person who brought you the most over priced flop of the year (Scott Pilgrim) comes....Ant-Man! Only instead of Ant-Man being your typical superhero, he'll instead be....wait for it....A SUPER SPY! A super spy with the ability to shrink down to teeny tiny size!

I've run out of things to say at this point. I mean, I decided at a young age that wanted to make movies because they used to give me a sense of awe. Now, they just give me a headache and the more retarded things that get a greenlight, the more disheartened I become with the industry as a whole. That being said, I almost can't wait to see this just so it gives me something to point and laugh at.

ETA: Who wants to bet this is grabbed up by Universal?

Paramount's supposed to get it.

And it's kind of sad when you're jumping for joy when a movie that's a bit different from the usual doesn't do well, reinforcing more sequels, prequels and assembly-line crap to be produced.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

From Edgar Wright, the person who brought you the most over priced flop of the year (Scott Pilgrim) comes....Ant-Man! Only instead of Ant-Man being your typical superhero, he'll instead be....wait for it....A SUPER SPY! A super spy with the ability to shrink down to teeny tiny size!

I've run out of things to say at this point. I mean, I decided at a young age that wanted to make movies because they used to give me a sense of awe. Now, they just give me a headache and the more retarded things that get a greenlight, the more disheartened I become with the industry as a whole. That being said, I almost can't wait to see this just so it gives me something to point and laugh at.

ETA: Who wants to bet this is grabbed up by Universal?
      Sounds kind'a interesting, IMO. But the "business" side of me is getting a "MEET DAVE" (eddie murphy's last disaster) feeling.

But with this being from the makers of Pilgrim, I wouldn't be so sure it'll see the light of day.

I'm still dumbfounded by the decision to pour 90 friggin MILLION into Pilgrim.

Who told hollywood that if a script is based on something (ANYTHING) that it's guaranteed to make at least $200M????

'Cause that had to be the thinking. Not a graph-novel nerd, and stopped reading comics when I started reading girls, but from what I know, The Pilgrim series had a cult following -- nowhere near enough to insure a $90M picture.

Especially considering KICK-ASS had stellar reviews, was a similar pic and cast, and only did about $50M domestic.

Hell, even if Pilgrim did SUPERBAD numbers (about 162M worldwide) it would still be in trouble because the total overhead cost of most films is over twice the production budget.

Well, ain't my dime.
      "U don' know me, muddafugga..."
      - Al Pacino, Carlito's Way

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
        Paramount's supposed to get it.

And it's kind of sad when you're jumping for joy when a movie that's a bit different from the usual doesn't do well, reinforcing more sequels, prequels and assembly-line crap to be produced.
        Scott Pilgrim is more of the same. It's an adaptation. The only thing that made it "different" was the style it was shot in. And I'm not jumping for joy that it failed by the way. I do find it funny that it failed because it was pretty predictable yet a studio did it anyway and put waaaaay too much money in it to boot. Now the director will be getting another chance to adapt another property and produce another flop. That bugs me, no ant pun intended. Some adaptations I like. Like I loved Kick-Ass but at least that didn't take $90 million to make. If they're going to adapt every property known to man, they can at least avoid dumping a hundred mil into it, especially if it's niche market.

Comment

Scott Pilgrim is more of the same. It's an adaptation. The only thing that made it "different" was the style it was shot in. And I'm not jumping for joy that it failed by the way. I do find it funny that it failed because it was pretty predictable yet a studio did it anyway and put waaaaay too much money in it to boot. Now the director will be getting another chance to adapt another property and produce another flop. That bugs me, no ant pun intended. Some adaptations I like. Like I loved Kick-Ass but at least that didn't take $90 million to make. If they're going to adapt every property known to man, they can at least avoid dumping a hundred mil into it, especially if it's niche market.
          Agree. But I was conflicted by Pilgrim considering that it did seem to have a unique approach.

I'm just disturbed, as you are, by this notion that anything based on an existing property is somehow a guaranteed hit. When it seems most of the non-major comic/graphnovel adaptations have been hit or miss (mostly miss).
          "U don' know me, muddafugga..."
          - Al Pacino, Carlito's Way

Comment

Working...
          X