No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hereafter

Originally posted by omovie View Post
    I see. What level of success should you have before you can say a trailer looks bad or can critique a script?
    by just saying, "it was bad." -- i mean, don't quit your day job. that's hardly a critique when you can't or too lazy to express why.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
      Look it up.

I'll just say this: you don't have to do in order to know how to do.

If the trailer doesn't tell me that info, how can I be sure it's even in the movie? Simply put - I can't.
      see now - earlier i had quoted omovie's comments about the trailer before you even posted your awesomeness.

and if you have to tell someone to "look it up" then it ain't a good, universal comment imo.
      some dood got kicked off of last comic standing for telling the judges to "google it!"

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
        by just saying, "it was bad." -- i mean, don't quit your day job. that's hardly a critique when you can't or too lazy to express why.
        You make a compelling argument.

Thanks for the pep talk!

Comment

see now - earlier i had quoted omovie's comments about the trailer before you even posted your awesomeness.

and if you have to tell someone to "look it up" then it ain't a good, universal comment imo.
          some dood got kicked off of last comic standing for telling the judges to "google it!"

But... telling someone to look up Aristotle's Poetics on a screenwriting forum is like that dood telling the Last Comic Standing judges to Google Richard Pryor.

Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Gwai Lo View Post
            But... telling someone to look up Aristotle's Poetics on a screenwriting forum is like that dood telling the Last Comic Standing judges to Google Richard Pryor.

Just sayin
            tis true but his comment didn't make sense in regards to the argument - imo

Comment

I'm sorry.

Not because of anything I did, but because you actually pay attention to that puerile, lowest-common-denominator bulls**t.

Comment

Nobody wants to know what I thought of the script? Well fuck all y'all then.

ETA:

Comment

What's it like, Tony? A consider in your books?
                  It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

I read it for personal amusement. I found its approach to the notion of an afterlife to be nauseatingly simplistic -- especially coming from Peter Morgan.

Needless to say, I was not amused.

(Other than that aspect of the story, which was kinda everything, it was well written. But I tend to see red whenever any piece of art "oh so sincerely and reverently" explores belief in an afterlife, which I think is one of the few key things keeping human beings from being all we could be.)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
                      I read it for personal amusement. I found its approach to the notion of an afterlife to be nauseatingly simplistic -- especially coming from Peter Morgan.

Needless to say, I was not amused.

(Other than that aspect of the story, which was kinda everything, it was well written. But I tend to see red whenever any piece of art "oh so sincerely and reverently" explores belief in an afterlife, which I think is one of the few key things keeping human beings from being all we could be.)
                      ihavebiglips likes this.

Comment

If you want to see a cool movie about the afterlife, try The Bothersome Man. It's got some sweet gore too.

And a beautiful, poetic version, Koreda's After Life.

Back on thread.
                        Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
                          if we really lived a life being all we could be we'd be exhausted or dead before we hit 25. but then maybe the next generation could go until 30. and so on and so on... but can we really be sure?

i told every lazy old person i know about going to the penn relays (google it) this year and watching one race (100 meters) reserved for anyone over 75 years old. those old farts (3 of who were over 90) pushed aside their walkers and canes and sprinted like you wouldn't believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                            I'm sorry.

Not because of anything I did, but because you actually pay attention to that puerile, lowest-common-denominator bulls**t.
                            and you're my alternative?!
                            oh wait... i forgot how awesome you are. nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                            X