No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackass 3D Dominates Box Office

Originally posted by tucsonray View Post
    Took my son too, so it was $29.50... at least it kept the calories low as no popcorn money left...

And no!, no reels! And believe it or not Bio, they begged us to turn our glasses in (keep things greener they said - hah! -- greener but not in an environmntal way).

I offered to sell them back for $4 bucks each and the guy actually said he'd ask his manager to which I just handed him the glasses as i couldn't stand to have this nice guy get fired (or worse, cleaning the seats and sticky floors after some G rated movie) just because of my dumb question
    It sounds like there needs to be a refundable deposit on the things, then, like the beer or pop bottles.

Comment

Re: Jackass 3D Dominates Box Office

The sad truth is that most general release, studio movies today are cliche ridden, lowest common denominator pap. There are a few quality films that never get shown outside New York or L.A. I'm fortunate that in my town there is a small, independent theater that shows foreign/indie first-run movies. But I'm located 25 miles outside of NYC. Jackass is a known quantity. Why spend 12 dollars on some film that will only let you down with a contrived ending you can see coming halfway through act 1 ? I can't remember the last film I saw that was entertaining and not a retread or a pastiche of scenes obviously lifted from other, better films. If you write a screenplay brimming with original ideas and dialogue some putz will invariably tell you you need to read Save The Cat. Blah!

Comment

Working...
      X