Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbes List of Overpaid Actors

So... what do you think? Any glaring omissions? Nicole Kidman?

Will Ferrell tops Forbes list of overpaid actors
    Will Ferrell may bring on big laughs, but big box office? Not so much.
    For the second year in the row, the comic has landed himself at the top of
    Forbes's Overpaid Actors List.

To come up with its Top 10 – which counts movies made prior to June 2010 - Forbes looked at the three most recent films of the actors on its Celebrity 100 list. It then calculated the money raked in from the theatrical, DVD, and TV releases of those films, factored in production budgets, and compared the final figure to the star's salary.

Forbes found that Ferrell's films "Land of the Lost," "Semi-Pro" and "Step Brothers" earned only $3.35 for each $1 he was paid.
    However, Forbes notes that Ferrell could fare better on next year's list, since his recent film, "The Other Guys," earned $160 million on an estimated budget of $100 million.

But Ferrell isn't the only A-lister who may not be worth his or her keep. Here are Forbes's other overpaid actors, including how much their films earn for every dollar they're paid: Eddie Murphy ($4.45), Denzel Washington ($5.10), Seth Rogen ($6.75), Tom Cruise ($7.20), Drew Barrymore ($7.45), Matt Damon ($8.30), Vince Vaughn ($8.35), Adam Sandler ($8.45), Jim Carrey ($8.60).
    Last edited by tucsonray; 11-05-2010, 11:58 AM.
    Seven years dungeon --- no trials!

Re: Forbes List of Overpaid Actors

Kind of ironic that Damon had previously been recognized by Forbes as being one of Hollywood's best values for the dollar. I think as recently as last year.

If I were Forbes I would space the list over a more substantial period of time. Murphy on the list makes sense because he can't get a hit with a corked bat and riods.

But they have to sell issues so more "power" to them.
    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
    -Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
    X