Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megamind

Not as good as How to Train Your Dragon, , maybe not as good as Despicable Me,but better than all of the Shreks except the first one. Very good quality animation.

One thing that bugs me is when filmmakers use well-known popular music as a shortcut to emotional payoffs they haven't earned through characters or story. This one is pretty bad in that respect, although it is not quite as egregious an offender as Horton Hears A Who at the end.

Re: Megamind

Originally posted by Architeuthis Dux View Post
    One thing that bugs me is when filmmakers use well-known popular music as a shortcut to emotional payoffs they haven't earned through characters or story. This one is pretty bad in that respect
    I agree - it certainly was bad in that respect.

Also, I found Megamind predictable in the sense that you knew where Megamind was going to end up. And on a final note, there weren't that many laughs

Comment

Really? I thought this one was great. There were a lot of nice twists and I was along for the emotional ride. I'm sorry to hear you two didn't like it.

Actually, I heard some people in the theater complaining that it was "too complicated", which I think it absurd. Very easy to follow.

And definitely better than "Despicable Me".
      Looking to take the "Bono" off my screenname.

Comment

I'm with ProBono -- really enjoyed Megamind. I thought it was better than Despicable Me (which I also liked) and How to Train Your Dragon (which was okay).

I thought the plot was a bit more complex than the typical kids' movie, but can't see how anyone would find it hard to follow. And it made me laugh more than The Hangover.

Comment

Not that anyone cares but my order would be:
          How to Train Your Dragon
          Megamind
          Despicable Me

I really thought How to Train Your Dragon was the best non-Pixar animated movie I've ever seen?!

Comment

Working...
          X