No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Highness red band trailer

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/17...ricted-trailer

I'm pretty disappointed. I've been waiting a while for this and it doesn't look funny at all. Danny McBride's accent is terrible. I'd prefer he just used his regular voice and had some dumb reason for not having an accent like everyone else. Might be worth watching just to see Portman running around and being generally very sexy.

Re: Your Highness red band trailer

"Magic motherfu*#er!"
    "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

Man, that was hilarious. Franco does good comedy. I'll be watching this one.
      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

It looks like it could go either way, some stuff looked cool, some not so much. I loved Pineapple Express. I like everyone in this. High hopes...

But James Franco alone could sell it for me...
        "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Something about contemporary swearing mixed with in ye olde English is fu¢king funny.
          "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
          - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

Everything is there for this to be kick ass. Franco, Kenny Fu*king Powers, and even a bad ass Natalie Portman. But the trailer was painful and unfunny. I've heard all those jokes before and do we really need yet another caught in the act masturbation scene? really?
            -MT
            If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                Man, that was hilarious. Franco does good comedy. I'll be watching this one.

Ditto. He surprised me in Pineapple Express.
                "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

you can tell this might not turn out well when they exhibit danny mcbride falling down some stairs in the trailer..
                  Originally posted by Great White Mark
                  Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

I'm just not sure this is going to work. It seems like an idea everyone got really excited about while they were drunk and then nobody stopped them from making it.
                    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

The script started out well, and died an early death around page 25.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that, in general, if a comedy can't put together an amazing trailer (especially Red Band), the film isn't going to be any good. After all, they usually steal all the best moments from the film that they can for the Red Band trailer. And, while there were a few laughs here, most of it was very mediocre. Meaning, the best moments are actually mediocre moments, and the rest is pure garbage. Same reason I figured Due Date would be a big disappointment.

In the age of Red Band trailers, if you can't put together an awesome two minutes then your movie is going to blow.

Comment

Looking into my magical ball...I see financial disaster for this pic. I think calling it a comedy is a generous and loose use of the term.

Comment

Working...
                          X