Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters?

Anyone see it? (It's a low-budget sci-fi indie about a couple traveling through Mexico six years an alien "infection" - the monsters of the title - have made much of the country off limits.) It opened in a lot of theaters last weekend over here in London.

I liked it, especially because it was made for "way under" $500,000. It's much more a quiet character study. If you go in expecting an action thriller, you will be savagely disappointed.

Re: Monsters?

It did well here. Got lots of attention and the filmmaker was particularly entertaining. He did heaps of interviews.

I'll be keeping an eye out for future work, too.
    sigpic

Website
    Tweets
    Book

Comment

I just watched it.

It was an interesting character study, but since the whole thing was mostly improvised, (director gave the two leads an outline for each scenario, etc.) I thought it meandered quite a bit.

A good first effort, though.

Comment

I think a lot of people who see this will be disappointed because the vast majority of the film has no monsters whatsoever. But I enjoyed the two leads; flawed but interesting. And I really liked the ending.
        "There's one way to guarantee something won't be in the movie: put it in the screenplay."
        -Dan O'Bannon

Comment

It's funny this couldn't seem to get a wide release here in the states but the horrible film Skyline did.

Comment

It's called connections.

Britwrit, are you a solicitor?
            Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Working...
            X