No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Hair

Originally posted by Typewriter View Post
    Not to derail this thread but what's the real deal on Sophie Stewart?
    too late
    anyhoo - she was the ghostwriter for good will hunting --- remember everybody was saying damon and affleck didn't write that thing... especially after they won. she wrote it!
    crazy huh?!

Comment

Originally posted by BattleDolphinZero View Post
      Let me jump in on Umo's side also.

Everything in the doc is common knowledge. It's highly likely Chris Rock was telling the truth, "hey, we got something like this and we don't wanna get involved in a law suit."

And then he got sued.

Just like the Matrix brothers got sued.

Just like EVERYONE gets sued.

People always assume someone is stealing their ish, when in actuality, it's almost never the case.

Seriously. It's almost never true.

And seriously, almost every movie catches a lawsuit.
      disagree.... producers/actors rip people's shyt off all the time and slap their name on it.

Comment

back on topic, i saw good hair and was blown away by the lengths black women went to having "european" hair. i had no idea about the hair extensions, weaves and the chemical treatments they used to straighten it. crazy to learn most of their wigs are from indian temples. kinda sad to learn how desperate these women were to conform to european standards of beauty and the amount of money spent for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
          back on topic, i saw good hair and was blown away by the lengths black women went to having "european" hair. i had no idea about the hair extensions, weaves and the chemical treatments they used to straighten it. crazy to learn most of their wigs are from indian temples. kinda sad to learn how desperate these women were to conform to european standards of beauty and the amount of money spent for it.
          if white guys weren't such...
          ahem, i mean if the media didn't pander to the white guys' measure of beauty...
          if long blond hair and blue eyes were not idolized by the nazis and...

do you know that in order for most black women to succeed in a gentrified society that they must process their hair, wear wigs, or extensions?
          do you think your current pres would have made it if he or his wife had "natural" dreadlocks?

i mean, look in the mirror and wonder why that is.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post

do you know that in order for most black women to succeed in a gentrified society that they must process their hair, wear wigs, or extensions?
            do you think your current pres would have made it if he or his wife had "natural" dreadlocks?

I've been noticing some wild dreadlocks on the football field, of all places.
            Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Then there are all the white boys and girls going dread as well.

There's social pressure that plays a part, for sure and for shame, and there's also the fact that a lot of women just like to experiment with different looks.

What's that gorgeous song by Leonard Cohen about changing her hair? Marianne, I think, my all time favorite. I wrote it into a script. Damn that's a good song.

But I used to have short dark hair, and then when I grew my hair out and got blond highlights, let me tell you, day and night in terms of male attention. It was really kind of interesting.

Big afros seem to be coming back here and there, though. What's hip and sexy changes all the time. Although blue eyed blondes will probably always be in favor. For reasons we can all enjoy imagining.

(I actually read that it had to do with sunshine, a positive aura, accessible, pleasant. Like when you wear pink, you connote something different than when you're wearing all black).

Me, a guy has glasses, I look. Funny how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post

Me, a guy has glasses, I look. Funny how that works.
                MustHaveBeergut.
                Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Originally posted by umo View Post
                  MustHaveBeergut.
                  Demasiado funny !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post

whoa! as a white male, i look for big boobs and low iq... i would never be so shallow, letting a women's hair make a difference. she can even wear it up in a bun for all i care... beehive style.... boink.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
                      back on topic, i saw good hair and was blown away by the lengths some black women went to having "european" hair.
                      Fixed.

i had no idea about the hair extensions, weaves and the chemical treatments they used to straighten it. crazy to learn most of their wigs are from indian temples. kinda sad to learn how desperate these women were to conform to european standards of beauty and the amount of money spent for it.
                      Whether it's weaves or botox injections in the States, skin lightening creams in Africa and India, double eyelid surgery in Japan or butt implants in Brazil, all women feel pressure to conform to some ridiculous standard of beauty.
                      "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Working...
                      X