X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malick's TREE OF LIFE trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlYYreuK8vo
    Originally posted by Great White Mark
    Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Re: Malick's TREE OF LIFE trailer

No idea what it's about, but I'll probably go see it anyway.

HH (not a huge Malick fan, but enough of one to go see it in the theater)

Comment

Dino says hi

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...-poster-02.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
        No idea what it's about...

Oh, the joy of modern advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
          or do you mean the joy of not being a commercial whore?

Comment

No idea what it's about, but I'll probably go see it anyway.

HH (not a huge Malick fan, but enough of one to go see it in the theater)
            It's DIE HARD in a tree.

The real logline:

"A group of people race in search of the legendary Tree of Life, said to give immortality, fertility, and supernatural powers."

So it's THE FOUNTAIN meets IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD.
            "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
              Actually, it's perfect advertising given what the product is. It's a Terence Malick flick, and the guy's not exactly Michael Bay. They're selling Malick, and they've done a good job of that: images, VO, and Malick.

I have no idea what the movie's ABOUT, but I do know that, given Malick's track record, he's not gonna be bringing in the comic book fanboys, and Mom and Dad on date night.

HH

Comment

I got enough from the trailer to be intrigued to see it, so it did it's job.

The Thin Red Line is an all-time favourite of mine, Mallick is a brilliant director.

And I always get a woody when I see Brad Pitt.

Comment

I've seen every Malick movie in the theater (BADLANDS and DAYS OF HEAVEN in rerelease at my local art-house cinema) and I'm not gonna stop here. Gorgeous trailer, makes me pee involuntarily.

Comment

I have no idea what the movie's ABOUT, but I do know that, given Malick's track record, he's not gonna be bringing in the comic book fanboys, and Mom and Dad on date night.

HH
                    A comic fan boy selected most of the clips for that trailer, and his friends Cvolante and her husband will be Mom and Dad on date night to see that movie.

Comment

you don't count. they filmed in austin. bias absolves you from statistics

Comment

DAYS OF HEAVEN is one of my favorite films.
                        "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Outside of the nice cinematography and the fact it's Terrence Mallick would any of you be excited for this film? I dislike Hollywood's need to summarize all three acts in every trailer they put out nowadays, but is there even any hint of a story in that trailer?

In my opinion the trailer really did a pretty poor job of selling what it's supposed to sell, in that I think it is supposed to be selling a narrative film. If it's purpose is to sell a film that is a collection of pretty images with people whispering vague V.O. than I suppose it did a good job.

Seriously it's like the art house version of a Michael Bay trailer with B-rolls of nebulas, waves, and stained glass windows in the place of ****, ass, and explosions.

I'm still hoping it's good though and I'm hoping they release a better trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Archduke View Post
                            Outside of the nice cinematography and the fact it's Terrence Mallick would any of you be excited for this film? .
                            Lol, that's the stupidest thing i've read in a while..

... outside of that fact that the movie was made by someone, about something.. would anyone like it?

Gee i dunno, maybe if they cut back on the protons used in making the film and turned up the neutrons I'd be more interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
                              Lol, that's the stupidest thing i've read in a while..

... outside of that fact that the movie was made by someone, about something.. would anyone like it?

Gee i dunno, maybe if they cut back on the protons used in making the film and turned up the neutrons I'd be more interested.
                              Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Outside of the nice cinematography and the fact it's Terrence Mallick would any of you be excited for this film?
                              Can you point to the part where I commented on what the movie was about?

If you studied a little harder in middle school perhaps you would grasp that the whole point of my post was about the fact that the trailer gave the viewer no idea about what the film was about.

Don't worry, it's alright if it takes you a few more tries to understand than the other kids, no one will know.

But they will know when you start running your mouth and replying to **** you don't comprehend.

Read twice reply once perhaps? Could be a new personal maxim for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X