No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Steal Trailer

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/real...ilers/11143859

Not sure how good it will be, but I bet it will be profitable. Hard to tell from the trailer who/what is the antagonist.

Re: Real Steal Trailer

I'd rather watch the Twilight Zone episode "Steel" back-to-back-to-back-to-back than sit through this. Granted, the robots here are far more advanced than the ones in the 60s (which looked like real people), but ultimately this appears to be a cliched tale of father/son bonding through some activity (building a robot). It'd be like telling Rocky from the POV of Rocky's manager...oh yeah, and with automatons instead of real people doing the fighting.

Also, the director seems an odd choice since every film he's done to date has been a comedy. But then again, the writer's already been commissioned to do a sequel so obviously somebody on the inside must feel good about this one.

Comment

I may see it, depending on how many blocks are knocked off...
      "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.-- The Late Great Bill Hicks...

Comment

I mean Robots can't get hurt right? And the robots are the one's fighting. Seems a little detached in that sense.

Comment

Surprised this wasn't branded with the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em franchise.

Comment

"Real Steal"
            You mean what the producers are hoping to do with our money?

*Ba-Dun-Duncceeee*
            Last edited by Archduke; 05-23-2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

The concept could actually work really well, if Hugh would suddenly find out that his robot is sentient. That would raise the stakes quite a bit and would be a much more interesting story.

But this? Eh...

Comment

I would've sworn I remember seeing somebody mentioning this idea and said they we're going to write it on DD before

Comment

I hate to say it but I think this looks like an incredible bore.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                    I hate to say it but I think this looks like an incredible bore.
                    Worse than that, it looks like the type of movie during which I would grow increasingly angry as I watched it.

Comment

This looks atrocious.

Comment

Working...
                      X