Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let The Right One In

if you missed it in the theaters, it's on showtime tonight/this month.

for those who seriously love real vampire flicks. this is my second favorite to The Hunger with deneuve, sarandon, and bowie.

Re: Let The Right One In

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

This hasn't had a thread before? Either way great film well worth checking out.

Comment

Original was brilliant, yep. Haven't seen the new one. I love Chloe Moretz but I'm sure the American version doesn't even come close to comparing with the eery genius of the original, so I have little interest in checking the new one out.

Comment

Just to offer an alternative view: I hated it.
              Dull, terrible wardrobe (why was everyone dressed in 70's clothes? Was it the 70's? Why set a film in an era that doesn't effect the plot?) A massively over-rated coming-of-age with a vampire!
              Honestly, it's like an added on detail to spice up the tedious story.

Tip: look at the type of films I rant about and get a clue. But to enter this expecting something of genius is to invite tremendous disappointment.
              Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

I liked this original version, don't plan on seeing the new one unless it just happens to be on one day -- even though someone did tell me the new one was great, however this person hated the original, lasted about 10 mins into it and thought it was laughably bad....so.......
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

the new one was very good. it didn't stray from the original in any significant way. and the new one feels a bit creepier.

yeah, gm - it's not twilight/hollywood <<hee, hee!>>. many swedish flicks are like this.

Comment

Watched the original and I was bored. I wouldn't say it was bad but it's not for everyone.
                    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                        yeah, gm - it's not twilight <<hee, hee!>>.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrUf_...eature=related

Because you're a star.
                        Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

The original is one of my favorite movies ever. I thought the re-make was very well done, but it didn't top the original or bring anything new to the table.

However, I do think Fincher's version of GWTDT will top the original (which is quite good.)

Comment

I think both versions are pretty much equal in their awesomeness, but if I had to give an edge to one, it would be the remake, which I found to be a more visceral experience.

Yes, I'm a horrible blasphemer who's going to movie hell.

ETA: Also, the remake was devoid of CGI cats. So there's that.

Comment

yeah, those CGI cats was too cheesy (and very UN-Swedish-like) in the original. funny that they took out the most hollywoodish bit from the original. lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X