X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bjamin
    replied
    Re: 21 Jump Street Trailer

I forgot how great this flick is. I must read the script.

Leave a comment:

• CColoredClown
    replied

Yeah, I watched this not too long ago and absolutely loved it. Michael Bacall is the man.

Leave a comment:

• scripto80
    replied

Ok so I can happily admit when I am wrong. 21 Jump Street was freaking hilarious. It was a definite rare exception to a studio taking a property and flipping the genre to find success.

Mad respect for Channing Tatum, whom by the way, is truly awesome guy deserving of all the great things he's accomplished this year.
    Last edited by scripto80; 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Qazworld
    replied

this seems pretty funny.

but when did channing tatum get so fat?

Leave a comment:

• TBEagle
    replied

Funniest movie of the year

Leave a comment:

• roscoegino
    replied

Wow. Really. I was kind of disappointed that it wasn't the full crew of cops. May watch.

Leave a comment:

• kintnerboy
    replied

Apparently the early raves were not off the mark.

http://movies.nytimes.com/2012/03/16...tml?ref=movies

Color me excited.

Leave a comment:

• kintnerboy
    replied

I don't want to get anyone too excited, but if this movie is 50% as good as this early review, it's going to be a very good time.

From the Playlist (not a blog that peddles in hyperbole):

"It's not just a great movie, it's an instant classic. The action is exciting. The humor kills. The characters are interesting. The story is engaging. You'll be entertained, and you'll care. "21 Jump Street- is a brilliant, rewarding convergence of incredibly talented people who were of one mind about what they were trying to make, and miraculously they made it. More than merely hilarious, thrilling, intelligent, or involving - any one or two of which alone would be a significant achievement - it's well-rounded, wonderful, and truly special."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...nstant-classic

Leave a comment:

• Madbandit
    replied

Originally posted by AnotherCaucasianGary View Post
    I submit that your childhood was less awesome than you remember it being.

And I've been to 4 Botcons, so I'm something of an expert in Transformers angst.

This trailer does nothing for me; but the movie is, I think, doing what it has to do with the 21 Jump Street premise for a modern audience: treat it like a joke. Not everything is timeless.
    How true. Look at "Thundercats". The original 1980s version was campy at best because broadcast standards and practices were pretty strict (Lion-O couldn't slash his sword and Panthro couldn't swing his nunchucks at bad guys) while, in the new version, the violence is strong, yet not bloody and it pays tribute to the old version.

Granted, "21 Jump Street: The Show" was pretty cool, being an afterschool special (remember those?) mixed with "The Mod Squad" (remember how that film version turned out?), but you can't do a film version of that without some teen today rolling their eyes in the back of the heads. The average teen (sadly) wants to be entertained, not lectured to, when watching a film. Hell, the show's co-creator, Stephen J. Cannell (one of my writing heroes) produced the film before his passing.

And you're right, scripto80, about original specs.
    Last edited by Madbandit; 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scripto80
    replied

Ugh. Uuuuuugh. C'mon guys, I LIKE idiot comedies. Anchorman, Bridesmaids, Due Date, Hangover, Talladega Knights....some of fave comedies.

Oh well, to each their own. My point is mainly just that as it's own stand alone film, this could have worked. But to call this 21 Jump Street is silly.
    Last edited by scripto80; 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BattleDolphinZero
    replied

I laughed.

Leave a comment:

• Why One
    replied

"A lot of things make me wonder about you. Your taste in music. The fact you look like a fucking 40 year old man."

Leave a comment:

• kintnerboy
    replied

That was Depp. Probably the only reason that show lasted 4 years anyway.

Peter Deluise was to Johnny Depp as Peter Scolari was to Tom Hanks.

Leave a comment:

• NikeeGoddess
    replied

i thought it was funny. but wasn't it an ensemble show? that trailer didn't feature any of the other "wet behind the ears" jump street crew.
    and was that a johnny depp early life? if it was a cameo appearance would have been in order. or am i mistaken. was it some other hotshot?

Leave a comment:

• Angeloworx
    replied

"You try it." That was funny. I vaguely remember 21 Jump Street so I watched the first few episodes when they announced the reboot. Kinterboy said it. It was melodramatic. The only gritty HS movie I remember that was any good was Brick. Turning this into a comedy seems to me a good fit for the HS genre. It does have the potential to be as bad as Underclassman, plot wise, if the jokes don't deliver. I'll go see it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X