Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rum Diary

Absolutely loved this movie. I hope it finds more of an audience than it has so far.
    Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Re: The Rum Diary

I definitely plan on seeing this soon. Johnny and Hunter - what's not to love?! It's getting some good reviews, too.
    "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I thought it was just okay. It really started to drag in the second half.

Comment

Yeah, just ok.

Johnny Depp's acting seems increasingly robotic to me. He's the relatively calm center in a whirlwind of activity, but that calmness is starting to feel...mechanical.

Comment

Originally posted by Donreel View Post
          Yeah, just ok.

Johnny Depp's acting seems increasingly robotic to me. He's the relatively calm center in a whirlwind of activity, but that calmness is starting to feel...mechanical.
          I know what you mean from seeing his acting in the trailers. But I think it's because he's actually imitating Hunter Thompson, who he was friends with, and who was actually like that in real life. I'm having trouble remembering, but I think he played him that same way in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".
          "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I don't know much,
            si

Comment

Working...
            X