No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger Games Trailer

http://www.themoviepool.com/audience...backstory.html

This actually doesn't look bad. Glad they not trying so hard for Twilight -- and not focusing on sappy love stories.

I'm surprised the creator of Battle Royale hasn't tried to sue the Hunger Games book author -- it seems very similar. Regardless this looks good. I like Jennifer Lawrence.

Re: Hunger Games Trailer

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
    http://www.themoviepool.com/audience...backstory.html

This actually doesn't look bad. Glad they not trying so hard for Twilight -- and not focusing on sappy love stories.

I'm surprised the creator of Battle Royale hasn't tried to sue the Hunger Games book author -- it seems very similar. Regardless this looks good. I like Jennifer Lawrence.
    Hunger Games looks like it just swacked Battle Royale's swag. And I love Battle Royale. Too bad, but I admit this trailer looks pretty sweet.

Comment

Clearly inspired by Battle Royale and as a huge fan of that film all I can say is fvck this movie.

Comment

You know what's funny Neal Moritz and someone else have the rights to Battle Royale and were trying to make it a feature. I always thought they should've just aged up the kids to do an American version of Battle Royale. I'm guessing they struggled with if it should be rated R or not. The original is heavy on the violence. The Japanese version (which is the original version) of Battle Royale is awesome.

I won't lie though, Hunger Games looks good, they avoided the Twilight route and made this look epic. I'm shocked other studios didn't outbid Lions Gate for this book series.

Jennifer Lawrence is a star.

Comment

I sincerely hope it's as good as the books... although, I wondering if this is a remake of the "Lottery"?

D. Alin
          http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

i just read the book and i'm so there for this movie. excellent story. what's good about the "sappy" love story part is that it's used as a tool and played with for survival -- very non-traditional.

and i hear the books have a huge following. no doubt it will be a replacement for the twilight and the potter fans who now need something else to crave for. they're already shooting the sequel/book 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post

Jennifer Lawrence is a star.
              Agreed. It's funny, I remember awhile back I kept hearing her name along with the title of "some indie flick". It was "Winter's Bone" this and "Jennifer Lawrence" that. I was just thinking oh hear we go again, more overrated "it" girl-isms from this town. Who is this chick and what is this flick? Then I actually saw it.

For once, the buzz was deserved. She's awesome. Has a TON of presence and is gorgeous, a combo that seems hard to find these days. There's lots of beautiful actresses but very few with that "thing", that burn up the screen sort of presence. I think that if they do things right, Jennifer Lawrence and young Chloe Moretz are the future Angelina Jolie's of this business.

Comment

She was awesome in THE BURNING PLAIN, way back when. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Comment

Most Dangerous Game > Punishment Park > Running Man > Battle Royale > Hunger Games

And a handful of other movies that play with the scenario.
                  "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Working...
                  X