X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of the World, Pt 1 vs Blazing Saddles

choose!

Re: History of the World, Pt 1 vs Blazing Saddles

Blazing Saddles . But I also have to say that "It's Good to be The King!" is one of my all-time favorite movie catchphrases in throwin' it up for HIstory of the World pt1.
    I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Blazing Saddles was Mel Brooks at his peak...History was pretty much the start of his decline. Not bad, just not as good as earlier efforts.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Blazing Saddles, easily. Only comedies that can legitimately contest it, in my book, are Raising Arizona and Midnight Run.

Comment

Blazing Saddles.

As a whole, Blazing Saddles was a better movie. History was a loosely strung together collection of comedy skits.

I'd put Young Frankenstein ahead of History Of The World Pt. 1 as well.

History did have its moments.

You look like the piss boy.

And you look like a bucket of s...

Thinking about that whole scene puts a smile on my face. Pissing all over the piss boy then dropping his tip in the piss bucket. Classic. Yes, I have a juvenile sense of humor.

I really wish comedy writers had the freedom today that Mel Brooks had. Nothing was off limits or sacred.
          christopher jon
          Last edited by christopher jon; 01-10-2012, 02:36 AM.
          Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

taking a day off yesterday i was fortunate enough to watch them both on AMC.
            and i must say Blazing Saddles worked best with it's one solid storyline, but History definitely had it's moments. BS was a trailblazer were people of multiple colors were forced into a corner and had to work together to overcome a common enemy... and we laughed and had a good time while it happened. no drama!

Comment

I'm with Christopher. I like Blazing Saddles more than History of the World, and I like Young Frankenstein even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Joaneasley View Post
                I'm with Christopher. I like Blazing Saddles more than History of the World, and I like Young Frankenstein even more.
                Everyone else was just copying me.
                I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Everyone else was just copying me.
                  Gotta steal our good ideas from somewhere. They don't just grow on trees ya know.
                  Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Working...
                  X