Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually The Movie Drive Isn't Up Quentin Tarantino's Alley

I find top ten lists from filmmaker's fascinating. Seeing if a respected filmmaker has the same taste in films as you do, gives you a bit of a jolt. But the worst and nice try lists from such a prominent director is.... you know ooohhhh that's vexing. You might not like the film which is fine but your peers work their a**** off as much as you do. To dismiss it as a "nice try", I don't think you'd want meet the director of a film you called a nice try in a coffee shop. That's just me. http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...011-film-lists

Re: Actually The Movie Drive Isn't Up Quentin Tarantino's Alley

I dunno,

I think most of what Tarantino has done since Pulp Fiction was a nice try.
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by DR Bostic View Post
      I find top ten lists from filmmaker's fascinating. Seeing if a respected filmmaker has the same taste in films as you do, gives you a bit of a jolt. But the worst and nice try lists from such a prominent director is.... you know ooohhhh that's vexing. You might not like the film which is fine but your peers work their a**** off as much as you do. To dismiss it as a "nice try", I don't think you'd want meet the director of a film you called a nice try in a coffee shop. That's just me. http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...011-film-lists
      Yeah, but wouldn't you rather be a nice try than a worst?
      It does seem tacky for a big name director to name his worst list.

Comment

Originally posted by malfernan View Post
        I don't think it's tacky. All lists, good or bad, are nothing more than conversation starters, and I'd definitely like to have a conversation with that big melonhead about including OUR IDIOT BROTHER on any 'best of' list.

HH

Comment

Originally posted by malfernan View Post
          Agreed. Huge diff btwn a big name director listing the worst films of the year and the best.
          "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
          - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
            I don't think it's tacky. All lists, good or bad, are nothing more than conversation starters, and I'd definitely like to have a conversation with that big melonhead about including OUR IDIOT BROTHER on any 'best of' list.

HH
            Perhaps the director of OIB is a friend of QT. But not as tacky as being a big name and listing the worst. The backlash would not be pleasant.
            "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
            - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post
              Agreed. Huge diff btwn a big name director listing the worst films of the year and the best.
              Why? It's an opinion, and is the director of DRIVE really going to be devestated by QT's opinion? What backlash would happen? He's critquing the movie, not the person.

HH

Comment

If you were a name director you wouldn't publicly name the ten worst films of the year. Among your friends? Yes. But not in public.
                sigpic

"I'm gonna run ya ragged!"

"YEE HAWWW!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by WriteHandMan View Post
                  If you were a name director you wouldn't publicly name the ten worst films of the year. Among your friends? Yes. But not in public.
                  I'm also of this opinion.
                  Sure, here, while still an amateur, I can make Worst films of 2011 threads and then sh1t on them all, but once in the trade professionally, I think I'd have to show more restraint.
                  Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Working...
                  X