Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFE HOUSE (39 million dollar opening)

Anyone see the movie? It did 39 million this weekend. Curious what anyone's thoughts are? I need to check it out this week. Glad to see Denzel open big.

Re: SAFE HOUSE (39 million dollar opening)

About to check it out in a coupla hours....heard it was good....wondering what makes it almost a $90 million production budget though
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Whilst I'd like to see Haywire have made another surge for the top slot from word of mouth (okay, I get it. Not going to happen), I'm glad this did so well
      (and equally BAFFLED by the HUGE box office this weekend).

To those that follow Blacklist, this was one of the hottest scripts in 2010. Not only that, but I believe it was a spec script. Not based on book or Graphic novel. No established audience.

AND IT MADE $39 MILL!

......In February.

Seriously, I can't state this enough. This is great for spec writing screenwriters everywhere. I will definitely catch it at the cinema!

Comment

It's great news, my buddy's company produced, glad to see them with a big win. Project was more like 45m from what I've heard, and there's a 35% locations rebate from SA, so they have already covered their production costs, apparently.

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
        Whilst I'd like to see Haywire have made another surge for the top slot from word of mouth (okay, I get it. Not going to happen), I'm glad this did so well
        (and equally BAFFLED by the HUGE box office this weekend).

To those that follow Blacklist, this was one of the hottest scripts in 2010. Not only that, but I believe it was a spec script. Not based on book or Graphic novel. No established audience.

AND IT MADE $39 MILL!

......In February.

Seriously, I can't state this enough. This is great for spec writing screenwriters everywhere. I will definitely catch it at the cinema!

Comment

Saturate the market with CIA related specs....

NOW!

Comment

i haven't seen it yet, but glad that it is from a spec and glad that denzel is making a strong showing as well.

Comment

Last edited by ATB; 08-05-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I read the script a while back and enjoyed it. One of the twists I could see coming, and I'm willing to bet most of you will, unless of course it has been changed in a subsequent rewrite. Still enjoyed it nevertheless.
                @MacBullitt

Comment

Denzel Washington was on the Jonathan Ross show this weekend and he's an effortlessly charming man. Very funny. Seems like one of the genuine good guys.
                  @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                    It's great news, my buddy's company produced, glad to see them with a big win. Project was more like 45m from what I've heard, and there's a 35% locations rebate from SA, so they have already covered their production costs, apparently.
                    That explains why it was relocated from the original script's Brazil...
                    @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
                      Denzel Washington was on the Jonathan Ross show this weekend and he's an effortlessly charming man. Very funny. Seems like one of the genuine good guys.
                      I heard quite the contrary but hey ho.
                      M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
                        I heard quite the contrary but hey ho.
                        Ah.
                        @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
                          As opposed to Tom Hardy, who whilst I am a HUGE (HUGE!) fan, seemed to have had a humor bypass that night. And I can't help, but think that guy is carrying some hefty demons from the way he conducts himself!

But Huge fan just the same. If he plays it right, he could be top 5 biggest stars in Hollywood in next to no time.

And Denzel was indeed a great interviewee. He seems to get the British humor where some do not (yeah, Vince.... I'm looking at you). That said, always seems just a little guarded. But a lot of people are these days with Ross.

But anyway.... back to Safehouse.

Comment

Vince who?
                            M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
                              Vince who?
                              Vaughn, I believe
                              @MacBullitt

Comment

Working...
                              X