• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lone Ranger - Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer First Photo

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...sEnabled=false
    Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
    Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
    Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

The Lone Ranger (2013) Promo Photo

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...,770_SS80_.jpg

Enlarged:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1663481344/tt1210819

Comment:

Are you kidding me, J. Depp?

Comment

Re: The Lone Ranger - Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer First Photo

Authorized - my hat's off to you, sir. Very honorable what you did.
      Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
      Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
      Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Captain Jack Tonto?
        Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

This is way better than the Christoper Lloyd version back in 1995 when he played the antagonist. I'm excited... truly thrilled to see Johnny Depp in this!

Way to go! Whew!

=D
          D. Alin
          http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Huh. Johnny Depp in pancake makeup. Good to see he's stretching.
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

i mean, i gotta think Disney has another flop on their hands. I just can't imagine how the Lone Ranger will translate to 2013.

Disney's live action streak has been pretty bad lately. Pirates 3&4, Sorcerers Apprentice, Prince of Persia, Tron, looking like John Carter will flop, and the jury is obviously out on this, but i cant imagine America lining up for a cowboy character who was popular what? 60 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Conz View Post
                i mean, i gotta think Disney has another flop on their hands. I just can't imagine how the Lone Ranger will translate to 2013.

Disney's live action streak has been pretty bad lately. Pirates 3&4, Sorcerers Apprentice, Prince of Persia, Tron, looking like John Carter will flop, and the jury is obviously out on this, but i cant imagine America lining up for a cowboy character who was popular what? 60 years ago?
                In 2003, people were saying 'Disney's new pirate movie is gonna bomb, it can't translate into 2003, that genre that was popular twenty years ago is totally dead.'

/justsaying...don't write it off yet.

Comment

Um, PIRATES 4 is the #8 Box Office film of All Time.

I didn't like it, but I was in the minority.

PIRATES 3 is the #13 film of All Time... and I did like that one.

PIRATES 1 was is the #6 film of All Time - and LONE RANGER has the director, producer, writers, and one of the stars of that film.

But Depp looks silly. Time for someone to pull him aside and tell him maybe he shouldn't be and hands on and let the regular costume and make up people do their jobs.

- Bill
                  Free Script Tips:
                  http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Um... uh... wow. Not sure how I feel about this. I'll reserve judgement until I see the actual movie (which I *will* see, given that I'm a BIG Lone Ranger fan), but I can't say I'm crazy about either of those costumes.

I rewatched 1981's THE LEGEND OF THE LONE RANGER recently and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's certainly very flawed, but it has its heart in the right place and is nowhere near being the turkey it was branded as upon its initial release.

Cheers,

B
                    SIX-GUN GORILLA: LONG DAYS OF VENGEANCE.
                    http://www.sixgungorilla.com/
                    https://www.facebook.com/SixGunGorilla
                    sigpic
                    "... (an) indie powerhouse of a book.- - AIN'T IT COOL NEWS

Comment

Is Alice Cooper lined-up to play his dad in the sequel?

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
                          Is Alice Cooper lined-up to play his dad in the sequel?

Comment

I don't know. At first glance, it doesn't look promising. I kind of internally cringed when I saw Depp. I'll have to see what the trailer looks like.

I think Depp's make-up for a native is equivalent to actor's wearing blackface.
                            @PatriotFrames

Comment

Originally posted by Development Hell View Post
                              I think Depp's make-up for a native is equivalent to actor's wearing blackface.
                              My frist reaction was the same. One of the few Native American iconic characters in history and they cast Johnny Depp. I love Depp, but this alone makes me not want to see this film.

Comment

Working...
                              X