Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hick

The follow-up to his last film "Lymelife" (I love that sleeper), Derick Martini helms the tale of a Nebraska teen (Chloe Grace Moretz, who I should pitch a script to) gets more than she bargained for when she sets out for the bright lights of Las Vegas.

Also stars Blake Lively, Eddie Redmayne, Alec Baldwin, Juliette Lewis and Rory Culkin.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzS--5tuzHA

www.phase4films.com
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Hick

That was filmed in the town where my parents live. The entire town went crazy over it.
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

rednecks need their stories told too. they can't leave it up to Deliverance and Winter's Bone.

Comment

Something about it seems off, maybe the directing or writing, dunno yet. But the performances look quite strong and the cast very interesting, so for that reason I definitely want to check it out, especially for Chloe Grace Moretz whom I believe is THE star of the future, and no doubt she's fantastic in this one.

That being said, I must point this out as it made my blood boil. I read an article in HuffPost which gave a great review of the film while interviewing the original author. In it, they mentioned a reviewer had made the comment:

"I can see making a coming of age story with a boy, but with a girl it's just creepy."
        *uber disgusted and outraged facepalm*

The content in the film is supposedly controversial because it deals with teenage sexuality. The thing is, people seem to only find it controversial because it deals with FEMALE teenage sexuality. Gotta love the sexist doble standard!

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
          rednecks need their stories told too. they can't leave it up to Deliverance and Winter's Bone.
          I find the term "redneck" to describe anyone from a small town to be rather derogatory. Particularly interesting coming from you...

Comment

Despite my West Virginia heritage, I prefer peckerwood.
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by scripto80 View Post
              I must point this out as it made my blood boil. I read an article in HuffPost which gave a great review of the film while interviewing the original author. In it, they mentioned a reviewer had made the comment:

*uber disgusted and outraged facepalm*

The content in the film is supposedly controversial because it deals with teenage sexuality. The thing is, people seem to only find it controversial because it deals with FEMALE teenage sexuality. Gotta love the sexist doble standard!
              That's the thing with coming-of-age films. It's okay to have a boy or a group of boys wanting to get laid ("Summer of '42", "Superbad"), but it's horrible to have a girl to want the same, since she has to deal with childbirth. Remember the fuss with "Sixteen Candles" when that came out?
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                I find the term "redneck" to describe anyone from a small town to be rather derogatory. Particularly interesting coming from you...
                especially since i come from a town so small that we didn't have street names or house numbers. but those rednecks were just outside of town

scripto -- i haven't read the article, but i think i know what she meant... only b/c i can recall that icky feeling i used to get when a friend i had preferred to hang out with the older, scuzzy boys who hung out on the corner. she must have thought it was glamorous, but it was just icky.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                  I like those two films, especially Deliverance.

Comment

I'm gonna make you squeal boy.
                    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                      That's the thing with coming-of-age films. It's okay to have a boy or a group of boys wanting to get laid ("Summer of '42", "Superbad"), but it's horrible to have a girl to want the same, since she has to deal with childbirth. Remember the fuss with "Sixteen Candles" when that came out?
                      Preach!

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
                        I'm gonna make you squeal boy.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4LnfkdJDM

Comment

Watched this one ...dunno what all the negativity was about from critics. It may not be a perfect flick, ie the writing had some definite holes and directing at times felt a tad lazy one second yet surprisingly amazing at others. But overall, it's a decent little indie with amazing performances from Chloe Grace Moretz, Blake Lively & Eddie Redmayne.

By the way, the controversy over "inappropriate" content featuring Moretz was WAY overblown. Figures.

Comment

Working...
                          X