Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Miserables - teaser trailer

the first time i saw les miz live, i cried at the end.

judging by this teaser, i might with this movie too.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/les_...2012/trailers/

Re: Les Miserables - teaser trailer

I can't wait for this. It's my favorite musical of all time. I'll take a box of tissues, too.
    TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Empty chairs at empty tables...
      "I'm tired of these mother@#%&in' snakes on this mother@#%&in' plane!" - Will Smith, Indiana Jones and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

Looks breathtaking. I haven't seen the play, or read the book. But this looks great. Didn't even know that was where the Susan Boyle song came from. Is she in the movie?
        It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
          Looks breathtaking. I haven't seen the play, or read the book. But this looks great. Didn't even know that was where the Susan Boyle song came from. Is she in the movie?
          Yes, Jules. She's in the movie. She's playing Valjean.
          "I'm tired of these mother@#%&in' snakes on this mother@#%&in' plane!" - Will Smith, Indiana Jones and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hand View Post
            Yes, Jules. She's in the movie. She's playing Valjean.
            TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

I'm sooooo excited, especially for my man Aaron Tveit, even though he has a small role. I am disappointed in Anne's vocals from the trailer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Projectophelia View Post
                I'm sooooo excited, especially for my man Aaron Tveit, even though he has a small role. I am disappointed in Anne's vocals from the trailer though.
                i'm not blown away by her vocals, but i think it still works.

plus, i love the emotions she's showing during the song; that's something that's very difficult to portray during a live performance.

Comment

Looks really good. I think Anne's singing is powerful. It's not "clean" like in an auto-tuned radio song, it vibrates with the emotion that she is supposed to be feeling in the scene where she sings. It's rough and raw. Seeing the distorted close-up of her face while singing really sells it. I'm impressed.

Comment

Didn't say it had to be like an auto-tuned radio song..... When on broadway, you're seeing it live and it's sung much more powerfully in my personal opinion. I'm just a fan of the broadway version and I think the vocals are leagues apart from Anne's version. But movie adaptations are often different so I'll have to take it for what it is and try not to compare.

Comment

The trailer brought back memories of the show - emotional. Will the movie stir those same emotions? I hope so.

- Bill
                      Free Script Tips:
                      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Working...
                      X