X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projectophelia
    replied
    Re: "Brave"

I'm sure it's a cute movie, but the girl's accent/voice haunts me.

"If yuh could change yet feeete, would yuh?"

My friends and I literally burst out into that and "I'm going to shoot fer my oooown haahhhhnd!!" all the time....

Leave a comment:

• NoirDigits
    replied
    Re: "Brave"

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
    if this is "lesser" Pixar, it's still light years better than the middling fare DreamWorks Animation, Fox, Universal, or Paramount routinely crank out

maybe compared to the groundbreaking inventiveness of Pixar's A+ films like "Wall-E" "Ratatouille" or "Up" "Brave" feels like just an A. the story is more conventional, dealing in familiar myth and legend archetypes (kings, queens, a princess, a witch) but it elevates and rises above the tropes in typical Pixar fashion.

perhaps not an out-of-the-park homerun but it still clears the left field wall at 375 feet
    I loved it. I think the critics are still out for blood because of Cars 2.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBanks
    started a topic "Brave"

"Brave"

if this is "lesser" Pixar, it's still light years better than the middling fare DreamWorks Animation, Fox, Universal, or Paramount routinely crank out

maybe compared to the groundbreaking inventiveness of Pixar's A+ films like "Wall-E" "Ratatouille" or "Up" "Brave" feels like just an A. the story is more conventional, dealing in familiar myth and legend archetypes (kings, queens, a princess, a witch) but it elevates and rises above the tropes in typical Pixar fashion.

perhaps not an out-of-the-park homerun but it still clears the left field wall at 375 feet
Working...
X