Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted

I'm a huge fan of FAMILY GUY, Seth Macfarlane, Mila Kunis, and Mark Wahlberg.

Congrats to them on a great opening.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Jeff Shurtleff
    Last edited by Jeff_Shurtleff; 07-01-2012, 10:42 AM.
    "Some men see things the way they are and say why? I see things that never were and say, why not?"

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...4669871&v=info

Re: Ted

Biggest opening for an original R-rated comedy since "The Hangover".

Not bad.

Comment

It's the best 80s sitcom that could never be shown on TV.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Just saw this...I liked how anti-pc it is. Really ballsy.

Funny at times, but I thought it was perfunctory.

Still a better love story than 'Twilight,'
        The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by zenplato View Post
          Just saw this...I liked how anti-pc it is. Really ballsy.

Funny at times, but I thought it was perfunctory.

Still a better love story than 'Twilight,'
          Wholeheartedly agree.

HH

Comment

After their release of the 3 minute long trailers (a fad that I hope dies sooner than later), I have to be honest, I don't have much motivation to see this movie - considering that I have seen 90% of the funniest parts already. This was a comedy that I was highly interested in seeing when I heard about it, now I'll probably wait for it on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
              It's the best 80s sitcom that could never be shown on TV.
              Funny, because I thought Seth could have done a film version of "Alf".
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

That's pretty much what he did here. I think he as much cops that with the opening credits...straight eighties sitcom.
                "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

It's a rom-com!

- Bill
                  Free Script Tips:
                  http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Has anyone read the script for Ted? I'd love to read it and see how much of it was on the page, vs. improv. It seemed very tightly scripted. Hilarious movie!

Comment

Best film of the year so far for me. Very funny, start to finish, you really pulled for the little fella. Not sure the Giovanni Ribisi stuff was needed but you can see why they had it in there.

Comment

A miss for me.

It was like the content of a single Family Guy episode stretched to nearly two hours. It used the same type of humor, but where Family Guy gets it right is with sheer quantity. It rapid-fires irreverent, filthy, dark, awkward, random humor that's disconnected from reality, with the story just as a delivery vehicle. But Ted neither has a star of a story nor the comedic punch after punch. It felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be as a movie, like Seth can only rely on humor from cartoon land but tried to scale it back enough to still be grounded in the real world. The result is a very shifty tone that neither made me give a sh!t about the plot nor entertained me more than a few episodes of mediocre TV--like Family Guy--would have.

It's quite liberally paced for a story that amounts to "guy needs to mature." Which I didn't even find that resolved. The entire subplot with the creepy father and son was just hacked on in a desperate attempt to give the film some hint of stakes, which also distracted us from the fact that nothing else really changed.

Good concept, but sloppy writing. 21 JUMP STREET and GOON take the cake for best comedies of the year from me.
                        Last edited by Writerperson12; 12-16-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

The screenplay is on the Universal site now if you want to read it...

http://www.universalpicturesawards.com/

Click on the movie and then look for tab at top with screenplay.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch View Post
                            The screenplay is on the Universal site now if you want to read it...

http://www.universalpicturesawards.com/

Click on the movie and then look for tab at top with screenplay.
                            Awesome link.

If you people want to learn... it's right there in front of you.

Jeff Shurtleff
                            "Some men see things the way they are and say why? I see things that never were and say, why not?"

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...4669871&v=info

Comment

Working...
                            X