Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looper - what the...

What's the deal with JG Levitt's eyes? He looks mega weird. Also, his nose hasn't been altered (prosthetics or cgi) to look anything like Willis's.
    M.A.G.A.

Re: Looper - what the...

Don't know. But I'm stoked because I'm attending a free advanced screening tomorrow that includes a Q&A with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer-director Rian Johnson!

I'd ask your question, but it sucks. If anyone has any particularly awesome questions to ask, lay them on me. I might try and ask Rain about how he feels about his script leaking onto the internet to be reviewed publicly

EDIT: Never mind, Looper wasn't reviewed anywhere. I was thinking of Gordon-Levitt's "Premium Rush." Dang it.
    Last edited by Writerperson12; 09-10-2012, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
      What's the deal with JG Levitt's eyes? He looks mega weird. Also, his nose hasn't been altered (prosthetics or cgi) to look anything like Willis's.
      What do you mean? They're like twins! Best. Casting. Ever.
      "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

I read somewhere (a while back) that he had hours of makeup applied to try and make him look more like a young Bruce Willis. In my opinion, it's very distracting and I would rather he just looked normal. It's almost like plastic surgery and/or botox gone wrong.

Comment

I was never sure about JGL as an actor. I couldn't picture him outside 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Then I saw Killshot. The movie itself is debatable, but I though his acting was brilliant. Then I saw Brick and I was sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
            I was never sure about JGL as an actor. I couldn't picture him outside 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Then I saw Killshot. The movie itself is debatable, but I though his acting was brilliant. Then I saw Brick and I was sold.
            You must now watch MYSTERIOUS SKIN.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
              You must now watch MYSTERIOUS SKIN.
              Looks interesting.

Comment

It's a great movie. One of my favorites of the last decade or so, and one that makes my top 100. Easily.

Also, it's one of the many movies that makes me cry.

Comment

Yo, Boffer, let us know how the screening/q&a went (no spoilers, please).

After all the scrumptiousness that was Brick & Brothers Bloom, I'm frothing at the mouth to see Looper!

For what it's worth, my money's on Johnson as our next great writer/director, on par with Tarantino, Blomcamp, et al.
                  12 Angry Men is proof that all you need is a bunch of good actors, good characters, clear motivations and a table. -- Ben Odgren; Go into the Story

Comment

The Q&A was awesome. I was in the VERY front row for the film in the VERY center. Which hurt my neck, but it was worth it, because I was the closest you could possibly come to Rain Johnson and JGL for the Q&A. The questions weren't too profound, but it was fun to see their live personalities and overall passion.

The movie itself, it's OK. This will be spoiler free, but, I had the same issues with the film that I did with the script. The mid-second to third act. It's slow as hell. During the movie, I was so captivated for the first half I was ready to be blown away by everything. But at like an hour into the film we get an abrupt halt in momentum with a location change and addition of two major characters. There ends up being a LOT of waiting around for a solid half hour. Exactly what I remembered fearing when I read the script.

Overall, it's worth watching, and supporting I think. Lots of cool ideas. I wouldn't watch it again, though, and I didn't end the screening elated. It's one of those films you just really, really wish you could have changed a small portion of to make it better.

But most critics don't seem to agree with me. It's getting pretty rave reviews, even though I see some of them also mention how the film drags later on.

Comment

Nice, thanks for posting!
                      12 Angry Men is proof that all you need is a bunch of good actors, good characters, clear motivations and a table. -- Ben Odgren; Go into the Story

Comment

BW's asst says this is his Training Day. He turned down the role that went to Denzwl.
                        "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                        - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post
                          BW's asst says this is his Training Day. He turned down the role that went to Denzwl.
                          Thought Training Day was originally for Mel Gibson then shifted to Denzel, no? Heard that from a birdie at WME..
                          "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Even Mickey Rourke and Travolta were considered. But, yes, Bruce turned it down too.
                            "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                            - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post
                              Hmmmm. Well, it's not. Just not enough screen time. It's a movie that Bruce Willis is in. Not a "Bruce Willis movie."

Comment

Working...
                              X