Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 psychopaths

Fun flick, but got trounced at the B.O. Rockwell and Walken shined as always - And Waits was great as... Well, um... Waits. Thoughts anyone?

Re: 7 psychopaths

Wow. Not even a million per psychopath. I didn't see it yet but will eventually. This result makes me sad.
    Twitter: @jboffer

Comment

The flick was great. If you loved In Bruges, you'll love this. The movie is meta, in a good way. Lots of screenwriting humor. Rockwell steals the show. The only crime is that he didn't dance. The man is a fabulous dancer.
      Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

Remember, this was released to half the theaters of the other major releases this weekend, so it's not as great a tragedy as one would think.

But it was awesome. So very very awesome. I'm still thinking about it a few days later.

McDonagh is a genius. I wish I could think of the things that come out of that man's brain.
        Last edited by emily blake; 10-15-2012, 08:19 PM.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Sam Rockwell is the most underrated actor in Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
            Sam Rockwell is the most underrated actor in Hollywood.
            Fact.
            12 Angry Men is proof that all you need is a bunch of good actors, good characters, clear motivations and a table. -- Ben Odgren; Go into the Story

Comment

The box office earnings seem grim so far. Such a damn shame... I've been telling as many people as I can to see this movie. We need movies like this.
              Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

A film like this was never going to do really well at the box-office, just too quirky to be hugely mainstream.

Disappointing for me, had its moments but not a patch on In Bruges unfortunately.

Comment

spoiler-

I was okay with this movie until they entered the desert. it seemed to unravel at that point and i lost interest. i also got tired of them telling colin his drinking was going to kill him... we get the irony.... over and over again.

decent movie.

Comment

Having loved In Bruges, I'm excited to see this. Even if it has some bad reviews, I'm sure I'll at least like it okay.
                    "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Really enjoyed it. Very unique and superbly acted, directed.

Comment

Thought it was well done. Made me want to hangout in Joshua Tree haha. Also does anyone recognize the rooftop bar downtown near the beginning? Pretty sure it's not The Standard.
                        "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Saw this over the weekend on DVD and liked it enough to bump this thread up.

Agree with the previous posters about Sam Rockwell. The guy can do anything, but I love it when it plays this type of character. Maybe in twenty years people will realize how often they've seen him in stuff and he'll get his overdue recognition like Chris Cooper did a few years back.

Seven Psychopaths wasn't a perfect movie, but it was a lot of fun and has some amazing lines. It's actually the funniest movie I've seen in a while. And watching Walken do his thing (and not the cartoon version of himself he sort of became lately) is a national treasure. "I guess...I'm going...to..die." That line is reason enough to watch.

I'm usually even anti-Colin Ferrell and I enjoyed his work here as well.
                          On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Excellent movie, got four netflix stars from me. All the above comments were spot on, but I'm wondering ...

Did anyone else pick up on the vibe that the writer had attempted (and largely achieved) a bizarre mash-up of Kaufman and Tarantino -- as if BEING JOHN MALKOVICH and RESERVOIR DOGS had a baby (perhaps by way of AS GOOD AS IT GETS...)?

And if that sounds strange, see 7 PSYCHOPATHS before passing judgment....

Comment

Awesome flick. Watched it twice the same night.
                              Must see stuff.
                              Eric
                              www.scriptreadguaranteed.com

Comment

Working...
                              X