Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney BUYS STAR WARS (Owns Franchise)

Wonderful yet frightening.

I wonder if these movies will be Heir to the Empire or events after that. Hopefully events after that now that so many real years have gone by, because it would be just stupid awesome to have Harrison, Mark, and Carrie sign on?

Comment

Interesting I listened in on the DISNEY conference call. Iger says they don't have the rights to Indiana Jones, as Paramount still has those.

That's weird. Iger said Indiana Jones is encumbered with paramount, but they are reporting that Disney has the rights to Indiana Jones. Maybe Paramount only owns the original INDY movies?

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/eSX5q.gif
        what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

The only thing I want to know... does Disney now have the right to release the Original Trilogy any way they want?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
            The only thing I want to know... does Disney now have the right to release the Original Trilogy any way they want?

He said there were certain provisions regarding the old STAR WARS FILMS, but none for future ones. I'm assuming Lucas demanded Disney not be able to release the original films before they were altered.

Comment

Cool. Been waiting for the Ewoks to duke it out with the Seven Dwarfs.
              "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
              - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
                He said there were certain provisions regarding the old STAR WARS FILMS, but none for future ones. I'm assuming Lucas demanded Disney not be able to release the original films before they were altered.
                Why? Why does he hate the very versions of the very films that made him rich?
                what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
                  Interesting I listened in on the DISNEY conference call. Iger says they don't have the rights to Indiana Jones, as Paramount still has those.

That's weird. Iger said Indiana Jones is encumbered with paramount, but they are reporting that Disney has the rights to Indiana Jones. Maybe Paramount only owns the original INDY movies?
                  There's an Indy themed ride at Disneyland and a stunt show at Disneyworld - both have been their for ages, so maybe they were referring to that.

I'm not particulary excited about the prospect of another Star Wars movie. I like stories to have an end, with plenty left to the audience's imagination.

Comment

Probably the best thing for it. George Lucas has completely ruined the franchise, and if Disney can do to it what it did with Marvel and the Avengers.... $$$
                    Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                    Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

I reckon it's imperative Disney push the saga foward and set it after ROTJ. George Lucas has milked the prequels and the endless clone wars saga since the second prequel film (Attack of the Clones, in 2002) so the new trilogy needs some imaginative new writers. If there's more freakin' clones fighting robots in SW Ep 7 we'll know the franchise is creatively bankrupt!

Comment

I don't like Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                          I don't like Star Wars.
                          Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

A friend told me this news and I was like 'you're shitting me'.

That's just so out of the blue, I mean WTF!

The prequels sucked, but I'm excited about this all the same, don't know why but some fresh blood could do wonders here.

Comment

I have a lot of hope for a new SW for the sole fact that Lucas won't be involved. His sh!tty writing ruined the prequels. Given that there was HW involvement in the first two (especially the scripts), RoTJ and the prequels prove how badly the product suffers when he has more control over it.
                              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post
                                Cool. Been waiting for the Ewoks to duke it out with the Seven Dwarfs.
                                I wouldn't mind seeing Darth Vader versus Magneto.
                                "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Working...
                                X