Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney BUYS STAR WARS (Owns Franchise)

Hopefully these new films will finally explain what exactly was so bad about the dark side. If the force needed "balancing" then isn't a dark side necessary to complement the light side?

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
      It appears Lucas really didn't care about how much money he got from Disney. He already is giving the entire sum away.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2067145.html

And good on him. Much respect.
      +1
      #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Originally posted by Ire View Post
        But 200 M for licensing that's still .005 of the total purchase price.
        I think you meant .05.

re Disney owning the Star Wars franchise. I think this is a good move. The universe is just full of stories to tell. I kind of like the Darth Revan era from Knights of the Old Republic, which takes place 4000 years before the Galactic Empire. It was a cool time, lots of Sith and Jedi running around.

re Lucas donating his money. In general I'm against most charities, because the money is taken out of the economy and shoved down a hole. It's not productive. But Lucas spending his money on education is productive. Good stuff.
        Screenwriting is like stripping. You don't just dump your clothes on the floor. You tease as you go. And then you get screwed in a back room for money. - Craig Mazin

Comment

Interesting take on Scriptnotes the other day, Mr. Mazin praising the deal for job creation and so forth. I agree, but all the attention and resources dumped into this gives one the feeling that there is less $$ for fresh IP. Yeah, the job picture looks a little better for some, but it's disheartening in a way. We ARE creators, right?

Comment

http://www.mandatory.com/2012/11/01/...ar-wars-merger

Bah haha it had to happen
            I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pipe View Post
              I think you meant .05.
              Damn you and your fact-checking.

Less fact, more rhetoric.

Wait, the election is over.
              #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                Interesting take on Scriptnotes the other day, Mr. Mazin praising the deal for job creation and so forth. I agree, but all the attention and resources dumped into this gives one the feeling that there is less $$ for fresh IP. Yeah, the job picture looks a little better for some, but it's disheartening in a way. We ARE creators, right?
                Not just that. but why is it somehow great that the creative types will finally get to play in somebody else's sandbox instead of creating their own? Is it the security blanket that limits bring? That you know that the ground rules Lucas set out means the writer can't get too out there?

Comment

It's big news. For Lucas to sell his baby -- his legacy -- and donate the money to charity. You'd think he was getting ready to check out.

Comment

Angry Birds Star Wars!!

Rock on Angry Birds (Braahh! yibbit yibbit!)

Comment

Working...
                    X