No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Singer directing new X-Men Film

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/brya...ture-past-fox/

Glad they got him. He did great job with X2. Though I wish Matthew Vaughn would've done the sequel.

Re: Bryan Singer directing new X-Men Film

I might have to revisit X2. I remember nothing about it.
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

YES!!!!!!

Singer will do a great job with the next chapter!

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
        I might have to revisit X2. I remember nothing about it.
        Definitely worth your time; classy film & my favorite of the franchise.

Glad Singer's back, but I was actually looking forward another film from Vaughn. First Class was superb, IMO.
        12 Angry Men is proof that all you need is a bunch of good actors, good characters, clear motivations and a table. -- Ben Odgren; Go into the Story

Comment

X2 is one of the best superhero films ever made, imo. Definitely the best of the franchise without question.

Comment

I don't really has a dog in this race, as, despite enjoying superhero movies in general, I have never had any liking for the X-Men property, but this news is a disappointment.

While I still had reservations about the whole X-Men concept, I had to admit that First Class was an excellent movie on its own terms, far better than the previous films. Since Vaughn not only directed it but had a part in writing the screenplay, I assume that much of what was good about it was thanks to him.

Frankly, I even enjoyed X3 much more than the previous two (though I know that puts me in the minority). I generally have some sympathy for antagonists in films, unless they are cartoonish take-over-the-world types, but Magneto is one of the few film villains whom I've ever truly wanted to see hoist with his own petard. To see him "reduced" to becoming a mere human was eminently satisfying, and a stellar example of poetic justice, given previous his attitude towards non-mutants. For this and other reasons, I enjoyed X3 much more than Singer's installments.
            Last edited by karsten; 11-08-2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X