X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lone Ranger Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JgXGbsESUEg

Re: The Lone Ranger Trailer

The Lone Ranger was unique to America - as far as I'm aware it wasn't broadcast anywhere else in the world* - maybe Canada but Canada is basically America - so it seems somewhat of a gamble by the studio, especially as the days of a name actor selling a film are on the wane. There seems a fair chance it could suffer in the same way as Anchorman.

*Certainly not mainstream. Maybe to fill some graveyard slot on some backwater channel but in all my life I've never heard anyone talk about it and the only references have ever been in American films/TV shows.
    M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
      The Lone Ranger was unique to America - as far as I'm aware it wasn't broadcast anywhere else in the world* - maybe Canada but Canada is basically America - so it seems somewhat of a gamble by the studio, especially as the days of a name actor selling a film are on the wane.
      *Certainly not mainstream. Maybe to fill some graveyard slot on some backwater channel but in all my life I've never heard anyone talk about it and the only references have ever been in American films/TV shows.
      Nope we had the TV serial here in New Zealand back in the 70s prime time kids slot after school along with Gilligans Island, land of the lost, voyage to the bottom of the sea the tomorrow people and all the rest
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
        Nope we had the TV serial here in New Zealand back in the 70s prime time kids slot after school along with Gilligans Island, land of the lost, voyage to the bottom of the sea the tomorrow people and all the rest
        Gilligan's Island, another (along with The Brady Bunch) that we only ever heard of but never saw over here.
        M.A.G.A.

Comment

Are we talking about the UK?

I'm 40, and remember The Brady Bunch very well.

Plus my dad used to watch The Lone Ranger back in the 1950's, you young whippersnapper...

However, we never did get Dark Shadows here, but that never hurt the Jonny Depp movie, did it?

Comment

"Him finally find out what Kemo Sabe means!"

...maybe Canada but Canada is basically America....
            No, the Lone Ranger is one of those American re-imaginings of ye olde Robin Hood legend; and, the only reason that Canadian kids watched that television series was to see Jay Silverheels in action.

Johnny Depp can never achieve the authenticity of acting like a Native American that Jay Silverheels did every minute of his life.

As for any radio series, Canucks preferred WXYZ's "Challenge of the Yukon", rather than those masked vigilantes, (the Lone Ranger and the Green Hornet).
            JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Looks okay. Still waiting for some original content.
              Originally posted by Great White Mark
              Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
                Are we talking about the UK?

I'm 40, and remember The Brady Bunch very well.
                Sherbert, I stand corrected. When TBB movie came out, one of the "interesting facts" was that it never aired over here. Must have been a short run then because I'm not far off your age and I never saw it.
                M.A.G.A.

Comment

The Lone Ranger was unique to America - as far as I'm aware it wasn't broadcast anywhere else in the world* - maybe Canada but Canada is basically America - so it seems somewhat of a gamble by the studio, especially as the days of a name actor selling a film are on the wane. There seems a fair chance it could suffer in the same way as Anchorman.
                  You don't think that a huge action movie promoted as Pirates of the Caribbean in the Wild West is going to play well internationally? Because people don't know the TV show? I would guess most American teenagers don't know the TV show either, but they'll still go see it. Because it's Pirates of the Caribbean in the Wild West.

Comment

Originally posted by cap7 View Post
                    You don't think that a huge action movie promoted as Pirates of the Caribbean in the Wild West is going to play well internationally? Because people don't know the TV show? I would guess most American teenagers don't know the TV show either, but they'll still go see it. Because it's Pirates of the Caribbean in the Wild West.

Well, there's a new digital/cable channel called Cozi TV that's going to air the TV series. http://www.cozitv.com/shows/

Hopefully, Lone Ranger 2013 won't be a debacle like the 1981 version. For info, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Lone_Ranger
                    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Wow, johnny depp looks terrible in this. Awful "jokes" and why did the skull of jack sparrow make a cameo?

Comment

Working...
                      X