No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: J.J. is directing EPISODE VII

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
    EPISODE VI is a tough act to follow... ...full whoops-almost-incest reveal. How do you top that?
    http://youtu.be/x9g2DBk_OXA
    INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
    Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan View Post
      The more I think about it the more ridiculous his appointment seems. I doubt it will have any bearing on the film's potential box office but it's a very poor choice for any Star Wars fan wanting a director to do something different with the franchise. I fail to see how Abrams' direction of space battles in Ep 7 will be any different to the ones in Star Trek 1 and 2 (the rebooted 1 and 2, not the Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan).

Why would any Star Wars fan want stuff that's been in the recent Star Trek films? Why do they need the guy from Star Trek! Shouldn't Star Wars have its own unique identity? Another director would have been more appropriate and given the franchise something different. If Ep 7 is decent I doubt most people will care who the director is, but it's a pity Disney didn't go with someone else.
      Do you really think that somebody who makes movies and TV for a living will make star wars like star trek.
      Seriously? Super 8 is totally shot like Star trek and Star trek is totally shot like lost. Give me a break.

Comment

LOL Yahoo Poll has it 50-50 as to whether JJ is a good choice.
        sigpic

It's ruff bein' me.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
          I'm not going to argue with you, because you've proven my point.
          which is? the only point you make is that the prequels are impervious to criticism because "they are not meant for adults". but you never say why.

anyway, jj abrams is a capable director. the only thing i've got against him is mission impossible 3. it was a bland movie because he didn't understand that the main character should not arc. just like james bond. hopefully, as that was his first movie, he has learned.

Comment

Some Star Wars fans might feel as if they've been given Star Trek's leftovers.

"We don't want the Star Trek director, give us someone fresh!"

I don't get why Lucas sold his franchise to Disney. It's been part of his life for so long it does seem strange why he gave it away. Okay, he got paid billions (it's been claimed he's donated the money to charity) but I'm talking about the emotional investment he had in the films, in his characters. Why would he want to sell a part of his creative soul to the house of Mickey Mouse?

Comment

Nothing worthwhile was accomplished in the name of Star Wars in my entire existence as a human being - apart from the action figures on my desk.

I trust J.J. more than most film-makers, but I trust George Lucas as far as I can throw Skywalker Ranch. As long as he is involved, my interest level is at the bottom of the barrel.

Needless to say, I'm not particularly excited. I'll watch the movie eventually and see if that changes, but until then, it will not. Not for any reason. Not even if I was in it.

Okay, maybe if I was in it, but not for any other reason.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan View Post
                Some Star Wars fans might feel as if they've been given Star Trek's leftovers.

"We don't want the Star Trek director, give us someone fresh!"

I don't get why Lucas sold his franchise to Disney. It's been part of his life for so long it does seem strange why he gave it away. Okay, he got paid billions (it's been claimed he's donated the money to charity) but I'm talking about the emotional investment he had in the films, in his characters. Why would he want to sell a part of his creative soul to the house of Mickey Mouse?
                The answer is simple, he`s squeezed as much as he can out of the Star Wars franchise, that the only thing left to do is sell it.
                If Lucas cared one jot about the fan base who made him rich, he would give Star Wars back to them by allowing Disney to redo the appalling prequels. He MUST see by now how much of an insult to the fans and film making in general, those prequels are. Good business for Disney as the fan base would be crying out for a proper back story, which didn't treat Vader like Space Jesus.

Comment

Disney let a little more info slip in their ridiculously-late press release confirming J.J's involvement. Namely, Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg -- in addition to whatever scripts they may be writing for the franchise, whether it be Episodes VIII & IX or standalone projects in the SW universe -- are serving as consultants on EPISODE VII.

Which I interpret as the Mouse House protecting their $4 billion investment even more: hire the dude who wrote EMPIRE...but also hire the dude who's script-doctored nearly every massive tent pole of the last seven years to make sure we're hitting all the appropriate action beats audiences expect in their action films these days.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                    Thoughts?
                    Simple: the greater Kasdan's involvement, the better.

Comment

I will save my judgement till we get a hint of the story and casting. No need to jump the gun and say the movie is going to do bad already, when you know nothing about the story.

Comment

No one's made a lens flare joke yet? Damn...
                        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I did a story outline for the new episode. The typo on line six was due to my laptop having a hissy fit. Computers, eh!

Clip is in 720p HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKztY...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                            Lens flare is no joke.

Comment

That joke was made about seven seconds after the news leaked...

http://media.aintitcool.com/media/up...sflarelogo.jpg

Comment

Well, you've probably seen this before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bHqjmlM3kxs

Comment

Working...
                                X