• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My movie comes out today!

Looking forward to it, congrats!

Comment

Congratulations and continued success!
      "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
        That's great! Can you share the story of how this came about?
        Thanks for the support, all of you!
        It came about as an assignment. I had sold something to Gold Circle prior, so they brought me in to pitch on the sequel to Haunting in CT, which we called The Haunting in Georgia (a title I wish Lionsgate had kept!). The pitch went well enough to get the job, and a few days later, the producer and I flew to Georgia to meet the haunted family. First draft took about a month, then a bunch of contracted polishes and one director change.

We shot for a month down in Baton Rouge, and I was down there for much of it. Lots of on-set script changes because of budget issues and unforseen problems (such as "we need to change the entire subplot/climax involving the river - it's full of snakes and the actors won't go in it. Think of something else, asap!"). But I loved it. Production is f--ing fun and tiring. Hope to do it again soon.

Thanks again for the encouragement, you guys. DD is a really cool community to be part of.
        https://twitter.com/DavidCoggeshall
        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1548597/

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessorChomp View Post
          Thanks for the support, all of you!
          It came about as an assignment. I had sold something to Gold Circle prior, so they brought me in to pitch on the sequel to Haunting in CT, which we called The Haunting in Georgia (a title I wish Lionsgate had kept!). The pitch went well enough to get the job, and a few days later, the producer and I flew to Georgia to meet the haunted family. First draft took about a month, then a bunch of contracted polishes and one director change.

We shot for a month down in Baton Rouge, and I was down there for much of it. Lots of on-set script changes because of budget issues and unforseen problems (such as "we need to change the entire subplot/climax involving the river - it's full of snakes and the actors won't go in it. Think of something else, asap!"). But I loved it. Production is f--ing fun and tiring. Hope to do it again soon.

Thanks again for the encouragement, you guys. DD is a really cool community to be part of.
          Will you be working on the third installment which I hear is underway?

Could you talk more about how you pitched? How much info did you have ahead of time? How did you pitch it? With treatment in hand? Do share the magic behind your process/the curtain.

Comment

Working...
          X