Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comedy is Tough All Over, Folks

Wanted to see IDENTITY THIEF until I heard by all that it was atrocious. Didn't like 21 JUMP STREET even though many said it was hilarious. Haven't seen a comedy that made me laugh from beginning to end in years. Can't win.
    "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
    - Screenwriting Friend

Re: Comedy is Tough All Over, Folks

It's okay to feel this way. Comedy might not be your thing. You could try horror or sci-fi, or a good thriller.

A lot of people think that because they were born with the ability to laugh (which in and of itself is just the body's involuntary reaction to surprise) that that means they have a sense of humor. I've found that's not always the case (quite the opposite, in fact. I can't get into the specifics of it, it's a pretty complicated science).

It's absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about (don't let anyone tell you it is!). Just go try and enjoy something else. There's plenty of movies!

Comment

Black Dynamite? OSS 177: Cairo, Nest of Spies?

Comment

Originally posted by Staircaseghost View Post
        Black Dynamite
        DYNAMITE.....DYNAMITE

Funniest film I saw last year, although the two girls I watched it with thought it was awful - I don't think they realised it was a parody.
        Script Revolution - A free to use script hosting website that offers screenwriters a platform to promote their scripts and a way for filmmakers to search through them.

Comment

Working...
        X