No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanity Fair - The Making of Pulp Fiction

Lengthy, but interesting article on the 1994 classic:

He has said that his first drafts look like "the diaries of a madman,- but Chen says they're even worse. "His handwriting is atrocious. He's a functional illiterate. I was averaging about 9,000 grammatical errors per page. After I would correct them, he would try to put back the errors, because he liked them.-
    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...er_share=9a83e

Re: Vanity Fair - The Making of Pulp Fiction

Great article! Thanks
    Originally posted by Great White Mark
    Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

From Keitel:

"Of course, people say, 'Oh, so-and-so would have made [RESERVOIR DOGS] anyway.' That's almost like saying the world is fair, and the cream will rise to the top. That's bullsh!t.-

And my delusion that I'm a good writer continues.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Great read.

Comment

Best part for me was when he basically told Matt Damon to f**k off after he wanted time to think about taking up an offered role. Everyone else read the script once and wanted in.

Regardless of how you feel about Tarantino, you cant deny that this film was way ahead of it`s time. It is a classic in every sense IMO

Comment

Originally posted by miktal-1 View Post
            Best part for me was when he basically told Matt Damon to f**k off after he wanted time to think about taking up an offered role. Everyone else read the script once and wanted in.

Regardless of how you feel about Tarantino, you cant deny that this film was way ahead of it`s time. It is a classic in every sense IMO

That was Matt Dillon.

But yes--thanks for the read. Great stuff.

Comment

Good article. Reminded me of the recent article detailing the genesis of Good Will Hunting, and all of the little miracles that have to occur to get a movie made.

Of course the one thing in common was both were great scripts that made everyone want to make the movie.

Getting around this "gotta have a great script" requirement is going to be harder than I thought. Hm.

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
                Getting around this "gotta have a great script" requirement is going to be harder than I thought. Hm.
                I enjoy a challenge.
                Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

the first time I saw Pulp Fiction at the Mann's Chinese theater I thought it was good - not great. It was a lot of Tarantino jerking himself off.. Which I witnessed in Dogs and True Romance.

After years of catching it on cable I learned to love it. Even though I still wouldn't say it's a great film. But it's the kind of movie that I can watch a little or all of it, whenever I see it on tv.

But most importantly, with that film in my IMO, Tarantino did what the Sex Pistols did for rock and roll in the late 70s. He shook it up... It was different and we needed different.

Comment

The third writer-director who was going to contribute a segment was Adam Rifkin, and Roger Avary's segment (Bruce Willis) began as a feature length screenplay that QT trimmed down.

I have held the Oscar for this script.

- Bill
                    Free Script Tips:
                    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Working...
                    X