Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Disaster

FANTASTIC. I stumbled upon this movie out of nowhere, and it perfectly satisfied my lust for dark and depressing comedy. The trailer doesn't quite do it justice, but you'll get the general idea about this couples brunch that goes very wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kH5X8JjfOE

It's one of those films where a majority of the characters are reprehensible. You watch to witness a train wreck rather than to cheer for anyone.

It feels like a stage play adaptation, but it was completely original. It's going to hit select theaters in April, but I caught it on instant video on Amazon in advance. Highly recommended.
    Twitter: @jboffer

Re: It's a Diaster

This looks awesome. I never had this fixation that I need to root for anyone or for them to be likable. I want to see amoral people doing bat **** crazy stuff to each other. This one seems to fit the bill.

Thanks jboffer for the find.
    Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Re: It's a Disaster

I nod approval at that trailer.

Halloween short script contest 2021 - deadline Oct 28
      Win a year's subscription to Done Deal Pro!

Comment

Re: It's a DiaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSster

Looks great.

But if it's one of those movies where the "big event" is actually a huge misunderstanding, then it loses two of my Netflix stars.

(I hate twists which try to cut back the "HI" from "high concept" so as to appeal to the Indie crowd as well as the lunkheads...).

Comment

Re: It's a DiaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSster

I just noticed my thread title was "diaster."

Let's try, "Disaster."

EDIT: Thanks for fixing, mods
          Last edited by jboffer; 03-25-2013, 10:35 AM.
          Twitter: @jboffer

Comment

Re: It's a Diaster

I saw this at the Austin Film Festival. It's very funny.

Comment

Re: It's a Disaster

So this one turned out to be a surprise sparkler. Really liked the dialog, the history/interplay between the characters, the absurdity of the "disaster," etc.

If not for the fact that the rest of my family hated it, I'd have given it five stars. But I usually factor in their opinion, (except on ground I would die on, and the five stars I would have given for IT'S A DISASTER wouldn't be that strong a five). So, four.

Worth watching. Mos def....

Comment

Working...
              X