Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Croods

I have to throw a little love to this kid's movie.

Went to a packed house with my daughter and a bunch of other kiddos on Saturday 2-D showing and found it to be legitimately funny for adults and kids alike. It's more in the vein of a Shrek than an Ice Age.

It's also interesting how it starts out making you think it's going to be kind of Disney-esque with the story being about the teenage daughter and the boy, but it kind of shifts to being more about the girl and the father.

I didn't realize John Cleese helped create the story, which was an added bonus.

Very imaginative world and probably pretty fun to see in 3-D...probably very nearly an Avatar for kids as far as color and depth of field goes.

Nicholas Cage proved that he still has something, too. So, I guess it's his appearance that is so distracting at this stage of his career. Hopefully, he'll have a franchise here.
    On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Re: The Croods

In 3D was worth it... the landscapes alone were amazing.

I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but now... having seen it I can't quite figure out why so many critics were down on this film. It was fun, creative, and visually stunning.

I mean keep in mind it is the stone age... so that in and of itself is a bit limiting.
    Get busy writin' or get busy dyin'.
    http://www.kiva.org/team/hollywood

Comment

I agree with the above. Took my 9yo daughter on the weekend - she was giggling like a maniac at some parts, and kept performing her favourite jokes for the rest of the family (badly) for the next couple of days.

I laughed a lot too, and, visually, I was totally immersed. It was gorgeous - particularly in 3D. Nice surprise. Had prepared myself for some much needed nap time, but got caught up in the story and lost track of time.
      sigpic

Website
      Tweets
      Book

Comment

I liked it too.

Love the names: Grug, Ugga, Eep and Thunk.
        Story Structure 1
        Story Structure 2
        Story Structure 3

Comment

I remember when John Cleese sold this back in 2005. It was called Crude Awakening and supposed to be for Aardman Animation. Strange how it took so long to develop and then end up at DreamWorks.
          Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
          Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
          Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Working...
          X