Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.I. Joe Retaliation

I'll admit, I went out and saw it this weekend. I have a soft spot for the toys and actually enjoyed chunks of the first one. I had a very similar reaction to this one. Loved the villains, couldn't care less about the heroes (though I can't help but enjoy the Rock).

I was a big fan of the prison they had Cobra Commander in and the ultimate evil plot, but so many story holes, forgettable characters (Flint?), and horrible dialogue.

Re: G.I. Joe Retaliation

Originally posted by UnequalProductions View Post
    I'll admit, I went out and saw it this weekend. I have a soft spot for the toys and actually enjoyed chunks of the first one. I had a very similar reaction to this one. Loved the villains, couldn't care less about the heroes (though I can't help but enjoy the Rock).

I was a big fan of the prison they had Cobra Commander in and the ultimate evil plot, but so many story holes, forgettable characters (Flint?), and horrible dialogue.
    Yeah, same for going to see it. I think this is the definition of a studio-ruined project. There were nuggets of a good version in there, but it was clear that there was a lot of re-structuring in post as well as a lot of ADR to connect the pieces. Would be very interested to see director's cut of this, it might be like DAREDEVIL where the original cut is leaps and bounds better than the theatrical release.

Comment

Re: G.I. Joe Retaliation

All I know is that the one sheet that just has Bruce Willis on it is the first poster since late 2011 where he doesn't look like he's seriously questioning where he is and what his name is.

Comment

Working...
      X