Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast and/or Furious 6

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this already. Caught it this weekend and thought it delivered what it promised. Some great, well-constructed action scenes. Solid, fun dynamic within the team. Some half-hearted attempts at emotion, and cars. The focus wasn't even much on the cars themselves which, being a car nut, I found kind of annoying.

Also, a lot of really, really improbable/impossible **** going on and some fairly large plot holes, but what do you really expect? It really is a pretty unprecedented franchise, it's 6th outing and still has a A+ cinemascore with those under 25, brings minorities to the theaters in droves while still being "mainstream." I saw the whole gamut in my theater, young, old, men, women etc.

---Spoiler Alert---

It features the longest airstrip in the history of the world. I mean seriously, that is the only part I found too incredulous to handle.

Re: Fast and/or Furious 6

You didn't find that Dom and Letty scene on the bridge a little unbelievable? lol I liked the movie also. It was really entertaining and mindless fun. Chris Morgan has the goods and is a great guy. I'm happy for him.

I like the Fast and Furious movies don't take themselves too seriously. The ensemble cast has really good chemistry together and play off each other well. Tyrese really excels in these movies. Him and Ludacris had me rolling. The Rock needs to do more of these kind of movies. He fits in well with the crew.

Comment

Oh yeah. That too. I guess it was unbelievable in a different way, like movie unbelievable. The airstrip thing was just "wait...this does not compute."

Comment

Originally posted by Levenger View Post
        Oh yeah. That too. I guess it was unbelievable in a different way, like movie unbelievable. The airstrip thing was just "wait...this does not compute."
        Lol. True.

Comment

Best cartoon of the year, easily.

Comment

My good friend/client is one of the main leading cast, so I may have reason to be a bit biased, but I REALLY enjoyed it. It's not rocket science, but it was a damn fun time at the theater. It was really great seeing everyone around me enjoying it as well. That's what going to the movies is all about. You want to feel your money was worth it, and in this case, it is. Yeah ok maybe the dialogue is silly and the acting can be touch and go...but it's fun, funny, heartfelt, and the action (while scientifically ridiculous) was insanely entertaining. Keeping in mind I've always been very honest with the person about how their projects turn out, I honestly feel this one was the best of the franchise, by far.

I also give major kudos to this franchise for showing the industry that racial diversity isn't something to fear, nor are strong women on screen.

Comment

SPOILERS**************************

Having Dom walk out of the flames carrying Gisele, or Gisele appearing at the ending barbecue scene would have been more satisfying. While her sacrifice was meaningful, just killing her off seemed pointless. Killing off Han in the Tag was just tasteless. Talk about kicking someone when they're down...

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                SPOILERS**************************

Having Dom walk out of the flames carrying Gisele, or Gisele appearing at the ending barbecue scene would have been more satisfying. While her sacrifice was meaningful, just killing her off seemed pointless. Killing off Han in the Tag was just tasteless. Talk about kicking someone when they're down...

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

They had to kill Han. He was dead after Tokyo Drift. These movies were prequels to the events in Tokyo Drift. So Han had to die. They just tied up loose ends.

Comment

I read that, due to scheduling issues, the Rock won't be in Fast 7.
                  "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous movie....

...In the best way possible. If you can switch off your Screenwriter brain? Hard to think of a movie I've had that much fun in a theater with in a LONGGG (GGGGGG) time.

But all your lack of Riley/Carano is a BADASS talk is..... disappointing. Someone get on that!

Comment

I saw the first one and since I've no interest in cars and found the script to basically be Point Break, I've seen none of the following films.

But this one looks different.

I don't if it's the marketing or what, but it comes across as being more of an action film with cars, than idiots being obsessed with cars chasing one another.
                      I like The Rock, too, but that's not reason enough.

I guess if I've a couple of mates interested, we could hit it in a We're men, grrr fashion, and switch our brains off for good entertainment, but if it's full of dumb-arse sh1t like in Speed, where the bus jumps (seriously) a 50 metre gap in the motorway, and then a train does something similar in what's maybe the stupiest ending ever to good flick, then I'll pass.

I honestly don't mind beating ridiculous odds, but pulling off ridiculous feats because someone was too lazy to think of a better solution, is where I punch out.
                      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
                        but if it's full of dumb-arse sh1t like in Speed, where the bus jumps (seriously) a 50 metre gap in the motorway, and then a train does something similar in what's maybe the stupiest ending ever to good flick, then I'll pass.
                        Oh, dear.

Ermm... Speed is Newton quality laws of physics compared to F6.

When I say switch your brain off to enjoy it, I also mean suspend all knowledge of basic laws of physics along with it.

Comment

SPOILER:

When they showed Han getting hit at the end, I was hoping his girlfriend was going to step out, alive and well, and she'd pick him up and carry him off into the sunset... but nope, it's the ****in' Transporter.

(Fun movie)
                          Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                            Absolutely ridiculous movie....

...In the best way possible. If you can switch off your Screenwriter brain? Hard to think of a movie I've had that much fun in a theater with in a LONGGG (GGGGGG) time.

But all your lack of Riley/Carano is a BADASS talk is..... disappointing. Someone get on that!
                            Seriously, that was the most unrealistic thing in the movie to me.

NO WAY Michelle Rodriguez could ever hang in a fight with Gina Carano.
                            "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
                              Seriously, that was the most unrealistic thing in the movie to me.

NO WAY Michelle Rodriguez could ever hang in a fight with Gina Carano.
                              Good answer! There was actually a whole section after that where Mrod uses the cuffs to strangle Riley from behind. It got cut.

I get the feeling they started to realize that the only way people could buy that subway fight is if it ends after the tumble down the steps.

So the only reason Letty won the fight is cause she got lucky as Gina/Riley 'landed funny'.

The whole idea was Gina/Riley is technical and ruthless and Letty is a biting, scratching street fighter. That's how they tried to justify it.

In real life, Gina could take Vin probably (as long as she kept it stand-up and moved around him) so Mrod really would be out cold in two seconds

Literally!

But fun fight scene if you suspend disbelief.

Comment

Working...
                              X