Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getaway

No. It's not another remake of the Sam Peckinpah film. Relax.

A burnt-out car racer (Ethan Hawke) is forced into a do-or-die mission for a mysterious man when his wife's kidnapped, but a carjacker (Selena Gomez) makes things more complicated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSVkuRkfwwk
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Getaway

Looks cool. I'd prefer if they played out the Gomez role as more of an antagonist instead of a helper, but I'll see it anyway. Hawke is extremely under-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
      Looks cool. I'd prefer if they played out the Gomez role as more of an antagonist instead of a helper, but I'll see it anyway. Hawke is extremely under-rated.
      The man's Oscar-nominated. His recent film "The Purge" is a surprise hit. How is he under-rated?
      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
        A burnt-out car racer (Ethan Hawke) is forced into a do-or-die mission for a mysterious man when his wife's kidnapped, but a carjacker (Selena Gomez) makes things more complicated.
        I want to see a movie about a guy who's wife gets kidnapped and when someone tries to blackmail him into doing whatever or she gets it in three days, the husband just says "good, keep the bitch." The film is about the bad guys having to cope with his unholy shrew of a wife for the three days it should take him to do whatever before finding out that husband hopes they kill her so he can live happily ever after in peace.

Comment

first 30 seconds of the trailer made me think Drive meets Taken with elements of Phone Booth, which could be completely wrong on account that I 've never watched Drive and can't remember Phone Booth, but that's what popped into my tiny brain. On a side note, I'm a pretty big fan of Ethan Hawke, not so much Selena Gomez. Looks like it will be a good rental.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven R View Post
            I want to see a movie about a guy who's wife gets kidnapped and when someone tries to blackmail him into doing whatever or she gets it in three days, the husband just says "good, keep the bitch." The film is about the bad guys having to cope with his unholy shrew of a wife for the three days it should take him to do whatever before finding out that husband hopes they kill her so he can live happily ever after in peace.
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091877/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Courier12

Comment

ST, well done.

As for Selena Gomez as a carjacker...? I can believe that image as a teen guy's wet dream, but otherwise not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                The man's Oscar-nominated. His recent film "The Purge" is a surprise hit. How is he under-rated?
                He gets less credit than he deserves, obviously.

Comment

Meanwhile, I wish someone would make a more faithful adaptation of Thompson's THE GETAWAY instead of just remaking the Peckinpah version (which is only based on the first half of the novel).

- Bill
                  Free Script Tips:
                  http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Working...
                  X