Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seduced and Abandoned

If you haven't seen this, it a must see for a writer. On HBO currently and takes you inside the world of attempting to secure financing for a film during Cannes. Hearing the directors and producers they talk to describe the lengths they have to go to to secure financing for movies changes your perception of what it should really take to write a script worthy of going into that gauntlet to do battle. Eye opening stuff.
    Eric
    www.scriptreadguaranteed.com

Re: Seduced and Abandoned

Originally posted by harbak View Post
    If you haven't seen this, it a must see for a writer. On HBO currently and takes you inside the world of attempting to secure financing for a film during Cannes. Hearing the directors and producers they talk to describe the lengths they have to go to to secure financing for movies changes your perception of what it should really take to write a script worthy of going into that gauntlet to do battle. Eye opening stuff.
    I watched this film a couple of days ago. I have to be honest. I wouldn't have given these guys a dime to make this film. No script. A pitch that vacillated greatly from day to day. A god awful logline. Neve Campbell? I don't think so. Alex Baldwin along for... A ride? A lark? And the whole death thing? WTF did that have to do with any film pitch.... It was an excuse for these guys to go to Cannes and get paid for it while they made a phoney ass documentary. The Emperor has no clothes once again.

Comment

Waiting to see it on a double bill with Michael Ritchie's AN ALMOST PERFECT AFFAIR.

Bill
      Free Script Tips:
      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

I guess my suggestion for watching this had very little to do with Alec Baldwin and much more to do with guys like Scorsese talking about what it takes to get a film done and does he want to invest two years of his life trying to get it done.
        Eric
        www.scriptreadguaranteed.com

Comment

Originally posted by harbak View Post
          I guess my suggestion for watching this had very little to do with Alec Baldwin and much more to do with guys like Scorsese talking about what it takes to get a film done and does he want to invest two years of his life trying to get it done.
          And I agree with you. That would have been an interesting film. But Scorsese's and Coppola's parts of it were so tiny I don't think it's worth sitting through the rest of it.

Comment

Working...
          X