Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Man Holiday

Really enjoyed this movie because it does something so basic that so many films/scripts today fail to do.

Malcolm D Lee makes the audience feel something. Regardless of what emotional response a storyteller is going for, feeling something is so often overlooked in today's movies in favor of spectacle.

Lee is to be commended as he takes the audience through a range of emotions in a single narrative.

Great question to keep in mind in our own writing/films, is the audience feeling something in each scene? or are we just watching characters doing sh!t or worse are we watching characters sitting around talking sh!t?

I recommend The Best Man Holiday. It's an honest film that delivers what's expected. Is it some big budget spectacle or period drama? No. But it definitely has heart and humor.

Re: The Best Man Holiday

I agree. I liked this movie a lot. I laughed a lot and I cried. Lee did a tremendous job here, I thought.

Comment

Re: The Best Man Holiday

Haven't seen this yet but somebody told me today it's more of a drama than a comedy and dudes were in the theater crying?
      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
      X