Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fast and Furious franchise's Paul Walker killed in car crash

I always liked him. He mostly played the ordinary guy next door, and it’s easy to undervalue those kinds of performances. I think his best performance of that type was in the excellent Joyride. He anchored that film, like he anchored the FF series. The larger than life presence of Vin Diesel needed that ordinary guy to play against him.

And of course Running Scared was a big departure for Paul, and he gave an excellent performance.

IMHO the ideal way to finish his character off in the FF series would be to give him a heroic death in the climax – Let his character to sacrifice his life in order to save the others.

Obviously, they are in an awful place with the film, as they still needed to film key scenes with him. The release date is going to move, maybe to next December.

But luckily, modern technology is going to help. And they probably have a big library of him doing takes, and entire unseen scenes, in the previous FF movies. Combine those with digital trickery, and it allows them more room to re-write the script.

I think this is the first time ever, that a lead actor dies in the middle of shooting such a big tentpole film? With the Dark Knight, they had already filmed all of Ledger's scenes.

Comment

There was Brandon Lee in "The Crow." But I'm not sure how much more content he'd filmed before his death than Walker filmed before his own. They were able to get creative and finish but that might be a lot trickier in Walker's case.

Sad situation regardless.
      "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Sad. He was talented, and too young to exit this world, leaving behind a daughter, family and a myriad of unrealized possibilities.
        Last edited by Ire; 12-03-2013, 05:25 PM.
        #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Strange isn't it, one minute you are loved, healthy, beautiful, on top of the world, the next.... it's all over, at least in this life.

How strange for a guy like that to get into a car, not knowing minutes he would be dead, no chance to say goodbye. Life is a strange thing.

Comment

A shock. A shock because as well known a star as he was he was never in the wrong section of the newspapers. Never in the blogs and tabloids much unless he had a film out. He was young and had all the matinee idol looks but never seemed to possess any vices that we knew of. So, his death blindsided us completely. That's why so many thought the news was a hoax.

Life is so, so fragile.
            "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
            - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Not to be cold, but wouldn't they have insurance for this?

Comment

Originally posted by britwrit View Post
                Not to be cold, but wouldn't they have insurance for this?
                Yea actually they do and the entire budget is covered.
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

This hit so close to home with me, for many reasons, but primarily given that three close friends of mine were close friends and/or associates of his. I actually heard about an hour before the news broke and I just sat there in shock and watched rather helplessly as the frenzy began...

No matter who I talk to, whether friend, associate, or fan -- everyone is in agreement that he was such a genuinely good guy. The world has suffered a great loss. And it's been very hard on those closest to him. One of his long-time castmates is a dear friend of mine and in the many years I've known her, I've never known her to be so torn up. Paul was so very, very loved.

R.I.P. Paul Walker

Comment

Working...
                  X