No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orci Frontrunner to helm Star Trek 3

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/robe...lm-star-trek-3

This one guy (and his writing partner) is responsible for ruining adaptations of nearly everything I loved as a child. He also likes to hop in on the comments criticizing his movies and rip on the fans. His arguments are always "my movies make money = I'm good." Yeah, writing scripts for huge franchises directed by big names and having them turn out to be blockbusters is a special science.

Into Darkness was one of the worst theater going experiences I've ever had. As much as I love Star Trek (and I love Star Trek), I won't be seeing this movie.

Re: Orci Frontrunner to helm Star Trek 3

I don't understand why a person who has never directed a movie before, possibly not directed anything, would be given a huge franchise like this.

It makes no sense?

Someone make sense of this for me???

I'd like to see a more humanist director have a go at this, not saying JJ isn't, maybe Marc Foster, or Woody Allen.
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Lol! I'd watch the hell out of a Woody Allen Star Trek film. Come to think of it, he's the perfect person to write and direct a Star Trek film!

Comment

So they give the franchise to the guy who has publicly trashed it?

Yeah, that's what I'd do, too.

Bill
        Free Script Tips:
        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

You guys just don't get it, do you? Like Transformers, quality means nothing in well-known franchise circles.

It doesn't matter how shi**y Star Trek 3 will be, it'll still haul in 200+ mil at the BO. Hell, look at Transformers 2. One of the shi**iest scripts/films ever (primarily because of the writers strike) and it still made $1 billion!

The same goes with Twilight, Avengers, Iron man. Quality is irrelevant. A film student could pen/direct Iron man 4, and it'll still be a hit.
          I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I just want a new series god damn it.

Comment

I'd love to create a new Star Trek series. You have to wonder why CBS hasn't done it.

Comment

I'll be honest. I kind of want to see this happen just out of sheer morbid curiosity.

Comment

And just like that, it's now official.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4A85HIBZY

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                    You guys just don't get it, do you? Like Transformers, quality means nothing in well-known franchise circles.

It doesn't matter how shi**y Star Trek 3 will be, it'll still haul in 200+ mil at the BO. Hell, look at Transformers 2. One of the shi**iest scripts/films ever (primarily because of the writers strike) and it still made $1 billion!

The same goes with Twilight, Avengers, Iron man. Quality is irrelevant. A film student could pen/direct Iron man 4, and it'll still be a hit.
                    It may be true that many people will go see it, but don't discount the effect it has on future releases of the franchise.

I chose not to watch Transformers 3 after seeing 2. I'll probably skip 4 too, though changing the lead is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                      I don't understand why a person who has never directed a movie before, possibly not directed anything, would be given a huge franchise like this.

It makes no sense?

Someone make sense of this for me???
                      He is also an extremely prolific producer, which comes into play here.

According to IMDB, he has never directed anything, but it's impossible to say how hands-on he has been on the countless of movies and TV-series he has produced. He might have even had done a lot of uncredited 2nd unit directing.

Anyway, he might have a lot of the kind of experience you want from a director.

Comment

Working...
                      X