X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moviefan
    replied
    Re: Locke

It's certainly the best car acting I've ever seen. I hope the car gets more acting work.

Leave a comment:

• EvilRbt
    replied

Hands down the best movie about concrete of all time.

Leave a comment:

• UpandComing

• UpandComing
    replied

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
    Loved this flick and I want to have Tom Hardy's babies. I would birth them out of my penis.
    Hahaha

Leave a comment:

• ihavebiglips

• ihavebiglips
    replied

Loved this flick and I want to have Tom Hardy's babies. I would birth them out of my penis.

Leave a comment:

• UpandComing

• UpandComing
    replied

Finally got around to seeing this. All I can say is, wow. It holds your attention the entire time. Amazing example of raising emotional stakes in a contained location. Tom Hardy is brilliant.

On a side note, this marks another success for A24 Films. They've been putting out a lot of good low-budget fare recently, including "The Spectacular Now" and "Enemy" with Jake Gyllenhaal, one of my favorite films this year. I'm glad there's still room for these kinds of movies to get made.

Leave a comment:

• omovie
    replied

Looks like I missed it too. Crap. Will have to catch it on DVD when it comes out in August.

Leave a comment:

• ctp
    replied

It was in my neck of the woods for just a few weeks in just two theaters - wish I had caught it.

Leave a comment:

• omovie
    replied

Really looking forward to this. I usually don't like these one man in a confined space, but Steve Knight is a great writer, so I'm in.

Leave a comment:

• canela
    replied

Thoroughly enjoyed it and have referenced scenes from it many times. Memorable film.

Leave a comment:

• tuukka
    started a topic Locke

Locke

Anyone else seen this drama film?

I quite enjoyed this. 99% of the film happens inside a car, with only one actor we can see (Other characters are phone calls). Tom Hardy gives a powerhouse performance, and despite visual limitations, it feels like a cinematic film.

Some of the writing was genuinely great.
Working...
X