No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transformers 4

Originally posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
    I don't think it's Bay that's the problem. Bay, if given a half decent script can still churn out a completely watchable film, e.g. the Island, and even the first Transformers film had at least some merit.
    There still is that "too many cooks spoil the broth" problem Fang mentioned.

If Kruger had COMPLETE creative control, then you might be justified. But undoubtedly he was given notes/orders to add/subtract along the way by God knows how many people.

Just read about Jennifer Lee's struggle to get HER story for Frozen greenlit by Disney. Had Disney got the story their way, Frozen would be the junkpile getting 18% on Rotten Tomatoes, and we'd all be bashing Lee.
    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Re: Transformers 4

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
      There still is that "too many cooks spoil the broth" problem Fang mentioned.

If Kruger had COMPLETE creative control, then you might be justified. But undoubtedly he was given notes/orders to add/subtract along the way by God knows how many people.

Just read about Jennifer Lee's struggle to get HER story for Frozen greenlit by Disney. Had Disney got the story their way, Frozen would be the junkpile getting 18% on Rotten Tomatoes, and we'd all be bashing Lee.
      From the interviews I've read it seems he was given a fair amount of freedom, at least he seems to suggest as much, and given it's not his first Transformers film, or his second even, it's not hard to believe that he has at least some say in what went on. Besides, Bay just doesn't strike me as someone who gets overly involved or overly cares. I'm sure Hasbro had certain criteria but beyond that it's mostly the creation of the writer and well, the least said about that the soonest mended.

Comment

Working...
      X