Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obvious Child

An interview with director Gillian Robespierre and actress Jenny Slate heard on NPR this morning. It was a great interview. Really looking forward to seeing this movie with a well-developed female lead character in the story.

The movie is called "Obvious Child."
    "Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down.- - Ray Bradbury

Re: Obvious Child

I saw it, last week. Not all I was hoping for but it's worth a watch, if you like indie comedies.

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
      I saw it, last week. Not all I was hoping for but it's worth a watch, if you like indie comedies.
      Thanks for the insight. Probably best for me not go in with higher than average hopes.
      "Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down.- - Ray Bradbury

Comment

Bump this thread, once you've seen it; the film's worth discussing.

Comment

the trailer made it look insufferable

Comment

I'll have to give it a chance. The trailer is smart, well-edited, and the music bed is peppy and light, so my bet is on a happier ending than the trailer's allusion. It seems well-cast, also, and personally I welcome the sight onscreen of those who aren't mega-stars, especially when they seem to play (act) so well. The movie "CHEF" was this same kind of film for me, and it was thoroughly enjoyable, as I hope "OBVIOUS CHILD" will also be enjoyable. I'm not always 'rainbows and lollipops' about everything, but in this case it seems it is so.

Comment

Working...
            X