X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Hill
    replied
    Re: Obvious Child

I'll have to give it a chance. The trailer is smart, well-edited, and the music bed is peppy and light, so my bet is on a happier ending than the trailer's allusion. It seems well-cast, also, and personally I welcome the sight onscreen of those who aren't mega-stars, especially when they seem to play (act) so well. The movie "CHEF" was this same kind of film for me, and it was thoroughly enjoyable, as I hope "OBVIOUS CHILD" will also be enjoyable. I'm not always 'rainbows and lollipops' about everything, but in this case it seems it is so.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBanks
    replied

the trailer made it look insufferable

Leave a comment:

• ctp
    replied

Bump this thread, once you've seen it; the film's worth discussing.

Leave a comment:

• Clint Hill
    replied

Originally posted by ctp View Post
    I saw it, last week. Not all I was hoping for but it's worth a watch, if you like indie comedies.
    Thanks for the insight. Probably best for me not go in with higher than average hopes.

Leave a comment:

• ctp
    replied

I saw it, last week. Not all I was hoping for but it's worth a watch, if you like indie comedies.

Leave a comment:

• Clint Hill
    started a topic Obvious Child

Obvious Child

An interview with director Gillian Robespierre and actress Jenny Slate heard on NPR this morning. It was a great interview. Really looking forward to seeing this movie with a well-developed female lead character in the story.

The movie is called "Obvious Child."
Working...
X