Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who've seen Captain America

I have the DVD on order but it doesn't come out until Sept. 1 (I like to watch all the extras that usually come with the DVDs rather than watching it in the theater unless it's supposed to be great on IMAX) but have a burning question now.

Many of the reviews bring out these points:
    "Cap realizes, after decades of cryogenic hibernation and reawakening, he's not just a man out of his time - he's a pureheart in a corrupt world."

"... he learns not to trust everyone toting an American flag. The country he loves is a place of queasy moral corruption now, which he finds deeply disturbing, as he should."

How did the movie give us that info? Did it show it - if yes, how? Or did it use exposition?

I don't think this would be a major spoiler for those who haven't seen the movie yet.

Re: For those of you who've seen Captain America

I assume you're referring to the sequel, "Winter Soldier"?

If so, revealing that would ruin one of the primary twists involving two very large plot points.

Comment

Short answer -- it did both, but not as much exposition as you'd think (that's my recollection anyway.)
      If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
      Dave Barry

Comment

What Cent said, and saying more would require spoilers. The film is a 70s style political thriller like THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR and they even got Redford to play the head of SHIELD. The whole film is about difficulties trusting people these days, and Captain America is like Rip Van Winkle waking up after WW2 to discover that this isn't the same world. The story demonstrates this... and has some great action scenes.

Bill
        Free Script Tips:
        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

I don't really think it's a spoiler to say that early in the film Nick Fury shows Captain America the new Helicarriers they're building to police the world. Cap sees it as an invasion of civil liberties, but Nick argues that new threats require new defenses. It's a good metaphor for the NSA controversy of the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by UnequalProductions View Post
            I don't really think it's a spoiler to say that early in the film Nick Fury shows Captain America the new Helicarriers they're building to police the world. Cap sees it as an invasion of civil liberties, but Nick argues that new threats require new defenses. It's a good metaphor for the NSA controversy of the real world.
            I was thinking something else, that if someone had spoiled, would leave me seeing red. For discussion purposes, you sum up the point nicely and only describe events in the very first trailer, which answer the OP's question.

Comment

Can't wait to get the DVD, especially to see how they handle this: "The whole film is about difficulties trusting people these days..."

Hopefully without exposition -- always looking to learn how to "show" and not "tell."

Comment

It was like many political thrillers, you don't know who to trust or who's really pulling the stings. Captain America just added some superhero fun to the mix.
                Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Working...
                X