Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Begin Again

Really enjoyed this one. Definitely had a "Once" feel to it. Poetic. Romantic. Just good stuff... Nothing like a 12-hour flight to Spain to catch up on all the great stuff you missed in 2014

Re: Begin Again

I liked that one a lot, too. It's not a trip to Spain, of course, but it was a nice vicarious trip to the charming side of NYC.

Comment

I saw it on a long plane ride too.... great way to sample movies you're not sure you'll like.

I enjoyed it. It took the romantic comedy conventions and made them a little more indie and world-weary, with humor that felt real rather than laugh-tracky.
      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Really good movie. And that song Adam Levine's character sings called "Lost Stars" is amazing! Surprised it didn't get a golden globe nod, hopefully it'll get some oscar love.

Comment

I thought this was slight but enjoyable.

If you enjoy watching Kiera Knightly be charming (and who doesn't, really?) you'll like it.

Comment

I spent four straight weeks writing a first draft on assignment. Didn't watch any TV or movies during that time. I rewarded myself by renting this film the first night after delivering the draft. Made me feel like I had rediscovered the wonder of storytelling. (You try going a month without ANY video input!) It took the unexpected route in a number of places, as well as utilizing some untraditional timelines. Plus, great actors and dialog. Sure, it may not be put into the "important films" category by most, but this one was the perfect film to come back to as a moviegoer. Just a good, breezy story told well. I would highly recommend it to anyone. *

*WARNING: There is a lot of "colorful language" in the film. It is not gratuitous, as it reflects the characters who are speaking, but it is plentiful.

Comment

Originally posted by ricther View Post
              Really good movie. And that song Adam Levine's character sings called "Lost Stars" is amazing! Surprised it didn't get a golden globe nod, hopefully it'll get some oscar love.
              Oh that song and a few of the others are incredible. And she doesn't consider herself a singer. Holy crap...

This is exactly the kind of movie that got me into screenwriting in the first place and that I want to be involved in making. Not sure if that it will ever happen or be possible, but this film pretty much embodies everything I love about movies.
              Last edited by grumpywriter; 01-13-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I just watched this for a second time with my teen daughters, after being pleasantly surprised seeing it in the cinema. There was nothing else on, and I was desperate to see a movie. Positively delighted that'd I'd inadvertently chosen such a fun story.

I agree with all the reasons stated above. Plus, the music really earnt its place.

Definitely not and "important" film, but a delightful one.

Particularly loved the ending. Highly recommend it.
                sigpic

Website
                Tweets
                Book

Comment

For anyone who may have missed the Oscar noms.
                  For Best Original Song:

"Lost Stars" from "Begin Again" (written by Gregg Alexander, Danielle Brisebois, Nick Lashley and Nick Southwood)

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
                    For Best Original Song:

"Lost Stars" from "Begin Again" (written by Gregg Alexander, Danielle Brisebois, Nick Lashley and Nick Southwood)
                    I saw it this morning. I hope it wins!

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
                      For Best Original Song:

EXCELLENT!

Comment

Working...
                      X