Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Max 4

Car chase ! no plot ! Car chase! Seen before world and production designe! Car chase! No character! Car chase! BOOM!

If you like Car chase, it's for you. If you like a well told story, well...

I also like the take of some critics and moviegoers: the movie is great as stakes, motivation and characters development are shown through actions. As if all the good action flicks don't work that way. Ask good ol' Bill Martell.
    Last edited by Takeshiro; 05-15-2015, 08:46 AM.
    The question is : Do you work in the business?

Re: Mad Max 4

Like Gravity, I was also puzzled by some of the high praise (99% on Rotten tomatoes). I liked the film, but thought the story + character development was weak.

It did make me feel like I was watching an old Mad Max film so +1 there. A lot of Furiosa's backstory was mindless exposition, when I think flashback would've worked better. Also, did any other writer cringe when the bad guy yelled out Furiosa's mission in the beginning?
    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I thought this film was the action movie of the year. 100 times better then Fast 7. I'm glad it's doing well box office wise. Tom Hardy says he signed on for 3 sequels, so I look forward to seeing more Mad Max.

Comment

Pure badassness. I loved every minute of it. It grabbed you by the throat from the beginning and never let go.

Lack of story? I thought there was a good story with great themes. Read this:
        http://collider.com/mad-max-fury-road-review/

Besides the fact that I still have no idea how they knew his blood type, I thought the film was flawless. And Zoe Kravitz never looked hotter hehe.

Comment

I saw it yesterday in a packed theater. I was never bored, and that's saying something.

For a two hour action film it flew by. Flew. By. Charlize was a goddess. Hardy was monosyllabic, but intense. The wives were a bit of a weak spot. Surprisingly feminist themes -- who killed the world? Men did.

Interestingly though, I haven't thought about it the way I do when I see a good film -- how a good film will creep into your thoughts throughout the day. I wonder if that's because there isn't anything to figure out? It's so simple and straightforward, that there's nothing to ponder or connect after the fact. If it has a flaw, for me, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
            I thought this film was the action movie of the year. 100 times better then Fast 7. I'm glad it's doing well box office wise. Tom Hardy says he signed on for 3 sequels, so I look forward to seeing more Mad Max.
            How's it doing well at the BO? Pitch Perfect 2 is beating it.

To be honest, I never wanted to see it. The commercial makes it look like mindless action. Only 'cause of reviews did I go. I have a feeling it'll be a minor domestic success like Edge of tomorrow.
            I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I expect it to make at least 300 million overseas when it's over. This weekend it should be at least 150 million worldwide.

I think they'll make sequels. The reviews have been stellar. I think the movie will have long legs and do multiple viewings.

Comment

I was drunk when I saw this, and managed to hold off going to the bathroom the entire time. Which was very uncomfortable. But necessary.

Comment

super fun and totally keeping with the previous installments in the series

Tom Hardy himself didn't really live up to the character as Mel established him though. it never feels like Max's story in the way the other films did. he's just along for the ride, as great a ride that it is

Comment

Loved it, except the intro voice over was a bit overcooked and the comments from the wives about "Who did this" Almost seemed crowbarred in.

However its one of the few movies that I think every last cent went on production values
                    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                      Like Gravity, I was also puzzled by some of the high praise (99% on Rotten tomatoes). I liked the film, but thought the story + character development was weak. ?
                      Rotten Tomatoes' metter is a joke. What does the % stands for? People who liked it?

For example, in Mad Max, Mark Kermode is in the "Fresh" section, while he gave the movie 3 out of 5, which means : average movie. But on Rotten, it counts as "great movie".

I hope it'll make 600M worldwide, as my tri-bet (FF7, Avengers 2, Mad Max) is going great and don't want to lose because of this movie!

The target audience (25 to 40, Man, geeky) is the kind of audience that goes to movie twice or more to support it. It started slower that I expected.
                      The question is : Do you work in the business?

Comment

It would have been a lot more interesting if Miller had brought Gibson back as an aged Max. If Neeson can do fight scenes and shoot-outs at 62, Gibson can surely handle driving at 59.

Like Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken, the role was made famous solely due to the actor playing him. Replace the actor and you lose something.

Comment

Effing Fantastic.

The best pure action movie in, what, 20 years? Since T2, maybe?

First film in I don't know how long to take me to the place I was as a kid when Luke pilotted his X-wing into that trench. Just in it. Blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by entlassen View Post
                            It would have been a lot more interesting if Miller had brought Gibson back as an aged Max. If Neeson can do fight scenes and shoot-outs at 62, Gibson can surely handle driving at 59.

Like Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken, the role was made famous solely due to the actor playing him. Replace the actor and you lose something.
                            Except no one wants to see Mel in a movie but you. He's an ugly, insane, racist, insane drunk. He's done.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                              super fun and totally keeping with the previous installments in the series
                              It's been a while since I've seen "Thunderdome" or the first movie, but it's interesting because The Road Warrior is explicitly not Max's story - the VO, etc, frames it very clearly as the gas-town's story of how they got out of the desert, it's not Max's story, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X